My wonderful Dad

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
My wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful Dad passed away yesterday afternoon at around 2.15. I was with him holding his hand. My Mum, younger sister and my eldest daughter were there too. It was quick.

I will miss him so so much but I am happy he is no longer suffering.

Thanks to you all for all your support. You are all stars!

Speak soon

M
xxxxx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
My deepest, most heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
I'm glad he's no longer suffering this miserable, cowardly disease and has moved beyond the distress, anxiety and confusion it brings.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear Maria
I am so sorry to hear your news
I send my love and sympathy to you and your family
Be strong...your lovely dad can rest now
Wendy
x

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I'm sorry about your father, Maria. I am glad you and other family members were able to be with him.

Lila

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
maria

im so sorry to hear about your dad, please accept my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family
take care x

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Sorry to hear of your loss Maria ........ It sounds a good way to go though ...... quickly and surrounded by people who love you and think you're wonderful

hugs

Áine

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thinking of you Maria. Pleased that you were able to be with your dad.
Love Helen

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Hi All

Just wanted to let you know that I saw the funeral Directors yesterday and due to some medical stuff that still needs to be done re Dad and some family arrangements the funeral isnt until 5 July. I feel much happier that we are not going to rush the Final Goodbye. We have chosen a beautiful bamboo coffin (Almost like a wicker coffin) which will be threaded with flowers...wild and free flowers...Dad spent 4 years in Malaya before meeting Mum so it seems fitting.
I am strangely calm at the moment...before the storm??...hasnt sunk in I guess yet.

Today I am going to watch the Grand Prix qualifying and then the Footie and have a beer (or two) for Dad.

M
xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Maria,
The coffin sounds beautiful.
Pleased that you are feeling calm; Maria you had done all that you could for your dad, you made his living and his dying as good as you could. You did things right. You can feel peaceful about him now.
No doubt you are going to have times when you will miss him and it will be so painful, but you know they will pass, and you will be left with peace of mind.
So enjoy your day today. Take pride in yourself for having 'got it right'.
Love Helen

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
"No doubt you are going to have times when you will miss him and it will be so painful, but you know they will pass, and you will be left with peace of mind. "

Helen,That is SO right......
I look back now (16 months on ) with beautiful memories of my dad
Dad's favourite smell was the scent of freshly mown grass....it always reminded him that the cricket season was upon us!....Now every time I smell that I feel really calm,content and happy......Little things like that stay with you forever
Wendy:)