1. goodnightsienna

goodnightsienna Registered User

Margaret had lunch in bed, came downstairs, sat with me in the lounge, turned to me and asked “Where is John?” I merely pointed to myself.

We were watching the Open Golf Championship at Turnbury and the camera picked out a strange island shape in the distance. Margaret commented “That’s Ailsa Craig where the smoothing stones come from”. (I didn’t know that)

“Have you seen all my ornaments?” and Margaret showed me a small brass owl we bought in Greece.

The day wore on and into evening, Margaret became very concerned about John “because he hasn’t taken the car!” The time got to 10pm and Margaret asked me where my car was “How will you get home ? You’d better stay the night, not in my bed but in the spare bedroom!”

So I slept in the small bedroom on that Saturday night on the 19th July 2009 and was delighted when Margaret opened her bedroom door next morning and shouted downstairs “JOHN”.

“Oh thank goodness” I thought, “I’m back again!”

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It is so hard to understand John and to come to terms with.

If it`s any help, when he was at home, my husband went through an almost daily period of sundowning, when he went walkabout looking for his real wife, his real family and his real home.

His condition has deteriorated since and he is now in residential care. The upset of this is now balanced by his pleasure in seeing me and his lovely greetings.
    He knows I am Sylvia, but I`m not sure who he thinks `Sylvia` is. However we spend quality time together and he is content, for which I am deeply thankful.