My wife is slipping away

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry that your wife's passing was not peaceful. I'm glad she is now at peace though. Sending my condolences. x

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
So very sorry Aesop, Alice now at peace and pain free. Thank you for sharing this with us, the thoughts and care of many more than you will know will be with you. I hope the love you have shared helps keep you safe and strong in the hard days ahead. Take care.

Laine5

Jun 15, 2013
So sorry that it was not a peaceful time at the end, my condolences and wishing you the strength to get through the coming days x

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I am so sorry for your loss aesop.

I've found this an intensely moving, if upsetting, thread. I'm so grateful to you for sharing your story at such a traumatic time. I hope that it has helped you in some small way.

Alice is now at peace. I hope that you will find the strength to cope with the coming days and that, eventually, you will also find peace.

galaxy

Nov 7, 2011
Thinking of you as you watch your poor wife with this horrible sole destroying disease, hope she's not suffering for much longer, take care xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry your wife`s passing was painful for both of you aesop and hope it will be some consolation that she at least has found peace. I hope it won`t be too long before those images fade and you too will find peace.

flower1

Apr 12, 2013
Alice is suffering no more she passed away at 2:15am this morning, I would like to say that she died peacefully but she died gasping for breath after the aspiration pnuemonia got the better of her

I am very sorry for the loss of your wife. I read your post yesterday and the wording was so lovely it brought tears to my eyes. I wish you comfort for you and your family in the day's ahead x

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Condolences on the loss of your dear wife. You have been so strong and were there to support her to the end, it must have been so dreadfully painful for you .

Wishing you strength for the days ahead.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Desperately sorry to read that you've lost your dear Alice and her final trauma.

I hope your aching heart heals and the traumatic memories fade away leaving you with her essence to help and support you. x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry that Alice has passed-and even more sorry that her passing was not peaceful. You loved her to the end-and she loved you. What you had together was wonderful. Please focus on that and not her final moments.

Take care

Love,

Lyn T

bluejag69

Oct 3, 2014
So very sorry you lost your lovely wife. I know how hard it is to watch them fade away. She was lucky to have shared her life with you and had you to care for her. You take care of yourself. Much love xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your lovely Alice. So many of us have been bereaved these last few weeks. My husband John's funeral was on Wednesday. He's a nice man, so I've sent a prayer to him to make Alice feel comfortable Up There, and welcome her. I know he will.

All my sympathy is sent to you at this dreadful time.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Aesop, I am so sorry to read that you have now lost your Alice, albeit a happy release for her. I am thinking of you, and wish you strength in the days and weeks ahead. Alice was a very lucky lady to have known your love. Jan x