my wife has dementiaa

Oct 6, 2014
8 years ago my wife was diagnosed with dementia iam starting to understand it a bit better having just found talking polnt I and realrsing that other people get frustrated as I do with repetive questions etc.anb would appreciate any advice members could help mw with

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hello 12345 and welcome to Talking Point,
My husband drives me round the bend with his repetitive questions and continuous talking singing and whistling and sorting through his boxes and drawers, he now goes to a day centre for a few hours 3 times a week, so I get a break, it was very difficult to get him to go as he doesn't think there is anything wrong with him, I had to be very firm,

I am sure you will get plenty of advice on here, I find just reading the threads helps,

Best wishes Jeany x

newbie2014

Sep 26, 2014
hi i am new as well

my freind is about to come out of hospital soon after a stroke and bad mem prob he had a social worker who told me to join my devon carers and register by phone for vouchers its for help to the carer only and a nurse chat at your gp now and again for help advise and checking u are well and can use for breaks for me meaning each voucher i use and for each hr i am invousted 3.00 for every hr and have 39 per quarter being every 3 months and can use in blocks of 12 at a time maybe u no about this and they can claim A ALLOANCE AGE UK HELP FILL IN IF WANT with u for extra money for them person u care for there are many ppl who will help and advise you for sure on here just keep plugging away and plugging untill u get th eright info i have found there are grants u can get as well if need them i use turn to us they are helpfull i am looking into day centres for my breaks and a chatty break for them patient lots of in fo on web good luck u are not alone remember that good luck from newbie 2014

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi 12345 and welcome to the forum.

Glad you found us and hope that we can help and support you. Just ask your questions, there is always someone who will have the answer or know which direction to point you in to get the answer.

We don't mind listening to you have a rant if it helps you, we have all been there and will probably be there again tomorrow so lots of understanding.

Jay

Oct 6, 2014
thanks will try and keep calmm

Hello 12345 and welcome to Talking Point,
My husband drives me round the bend with his repetitive questions and continuous talking singing and whistling and sorting through his boxes and drawers, he now goes to a day centre for a few hours 3 times a week, so I get a break, it was very difficult to get him to go as he doesn't think there is anything wrong with him, I had to be very firm,

I am sure you will get plenty of advice on here, I find just reading the threads helps,

Best wishes Jeany x[/QUOTE