My Wife Barbara

McK

Sep 13, 2005
Pgh. Pa. USA
My Angel of 49 plus years passed away last Tuesday, January 4, 2011. Barb was diagnosed with AD fifteen years ago and had been bedridden over eight years. It was my honor and privilege to care for her at our home. We had the TLC care of a local Hospice group and they are a very special group of individuals. Our four living children plus spouses, eleven grandchildren and one great grandson, ages eight months to twenty-six were all here for the wake and mass celebrated by my brother, Fr. Jerome. As all of you know who have experienced the death of a loved one, the void left by Barb's death enables us to meditate and thank God for such a beautiful gift to me.

Thank you, Talking Point for allowing me to share. McK

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
What a moving post, so sorry to hear about your dear wife's death but lovely to hear how you and the local hospice group cared for her, and that all the family were there at her wake. Sending love, Pauline xxx

shirneth

Jan 6, 2011
whitstable
sorry for your loss

So sorry to read about your loss. But it seems as if you have been a wonderful , loving and caring husband surrounded by a family who also have the same caring ways.I hope that I can continue to care for my mum with the same fortitude that you cared for your wife.My thoughts are with you and your family and I wish you all the best for the future x

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
I was so moved by your words. What amazing love you have for your wife and shared lifetime. You have both been blessed to find each other.

May you have strength and courage over the coming weeks and months.

Sending love and condolences,

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Mck, I am so sorry to hear that your wife has died. How wonderful that you were able to care for her at home.

Turbo

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear McK,

You have my sincere condolences on your loss. Your description of being able to meditate on your loss and give thanks for her life is very moving.

I found this thread that you started nearly 5 years ago which included a picture of Barb and some of your lovely daughters and grandchildren - a wonderful reminder of family togetherness in the face of adversity:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?t=3400

It's wonderful to see how many of your brood have Barb's lovely eyes - another wonderful legacy!

Take care,

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Dear McK

So sorry to hear about your loss, your post moved me and brought back memories.
It was a lovely photo of your wife and family, it seems you have a treasure chest of memories to hold on to.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Love Alex x

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Dear McK,
I remember the picture from 5 years ago and contact that we had at the time. Your Barb was a very special woman, she had obviously given much love to her family for her to receive so much in return. You have all been blessed.

My thoughts are with you as you adapt to this new stage of life.
Love Helen

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

eleni

Jan 12, 2011
thessaloniki
My Angel of 49 plus years passed away last Tuesday, January 4, 2011. Barb was diagnosed with AD fifteen years ago and had been bedridden over eight years. It was my honor and privilege to care for her at our home. We had the TLC care of a local Hospice group and they are a very special group of individuals. Our four living children plus spouses, eleven grandchildren and one great grandson, ages eight months to twenty-six were all here for the wake and mass celebrated by my brother, Fr. Jerome. As all of you know who have experienced the death of a loved one, the void left by Barb's death enables us to meditate and thank God for such a beautiful gift to me.

Thank you, Talking Point for allowing me to share. McK

Dear Mck, sorry about your loss you have my deepest sympathy, but Im sure your angel is now at rest with the real angels