1. john kerrigan

john kerrigan Registered User

Jun 12, 2015
    continuing the sagaof my wife,on the 25/03/2015 my wife had an epileptic seizure at 7 a.m. this morning it was a very strong seizuree, thrashing her legs about for about 1 minute then blowing rasberry's foe about 5 minutes, the rest of the day she was outof it.
    30/03/2015 my wife fainted at 7.45 a.m. while sat at the table having her serials, i had just left the room for a moment, when i came back into the room she was slumped in the dining chair, i lade her on the floor & rang 999 for a ambulace, they took her blood presure & gave her a thorough check over but could not find any couse of the fainting.
    I had a theory on the problem, i was talking to a woman that has epilepsy & she was cutting her tablets in half , she spoke to the pharmacist & he said that rather than cutting the tablet in half she should have a smaller tablet, by axposing a uncoated tablet it could increase the blood pressure.
    31/03/2015 made a appointment with the doctor the doctor said that they do noy make a prolonged release tegrotel 100m.g. tablet so it was decided to give my wife 200m.g.tegrotel in the morning & 400m.g. in thew evening,,up till now every thing is o.k. apart from still being incotinent bu i can put up with that by the use of the pads.

2. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Glad that your wife recovered from her seizure and that you are coping.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I hope you are getting some help John.

4. john kerrigan

john kerrigan Registered User

Jun 12, 2015
    my wife

yes granyg we have the atention of=adult,health & welbeing,
    =departmen for the elderly,
    =community nurse for dementia,
    =ocupational therapist,
    =physiotherepist,
    =advice & assesment team,
    = day senture twice a week, sat +weds
    since moving to north wales in august 2014 we have had help from all of those departments,we have had to have a walk in shower fited did not have to pay v.a.t. with a leter rom the doctor.