My thanks to the NHS.

xanadu777

Apr 2, 2011
Dyfed
As I wrote in an earlier post my wife has been admitted to an NHS assessment unit for a medication and care evaluation and has been looked after in an exemplary manner. The staff could not have been more kind and attentive to her needs and also to mine, and the improvement and change in her during her 5 week stay has been marked; so much so that she will be coming home in approximately 2 weeks time with morning and evening assistance being rendered by the local health authority for washing, bathing, dressing etc. On top of that there will be visits to Day Centres and Respite Care. Shortly we’ll be undergoing an Occupational Therapy assessment here at home for any aids she might need and a Financial Assessment to see what we must pay towards it all. My sincere and grateful thanks have been given to the Consultant, Doctor, Nurses and all the ancillary staff. I know that the NHS often comes in for criticism but the professional care given to my wife is beyond compare.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a delight to read Xanadu. I'm so pleased everything has worked out so well for you.

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hi Xanadu, thats good news and must be a great worry lifted from your shoulders. x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am pleased to hear such positive things. We had experience of an Assessment Unit with my husband and I also found it very very supportive.

I wonder if Assessment Units are available in most areas or whether it depends on postal code.

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Xanadu, it is great to read this. It is important to give credit where it is due. Good luck to you both xx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Great news, Xanadu! Well done.

Hope you and your wife will now be able to relax a little and enjoy your togetherness.