my symptems

tracey ann

Jun 14, 2006
bedford
my symptems are falling over... constantly forgetting things... sometimes i forget what i am in the middle of saying. drastic mood swings, trouble explaining what i am thinking.. when i am talking i stutter and my mind goes blank.. and i forget the names of things..the docter has sent me for blood tests and i will be having a brain scan, i dont know what else. he kept saying early dementia. im very frightend and confused.. as i have already said i have four kids. the yougest only three years old. and im only 35.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Tracey Ann, and welcome to TP. I can only just begin to imagine how frightened you must feel at the moment. My first thought is that if you have not yet had any blood tests, memory test or brain scan, it seems very inappropriate for the doctor to be talking about early dementia.
You are doing the right thing by getting the tests done - knowing what you are dealing with will help. Hopefully you will then be able to receive medication to help you feel better. As others have said, there are other causes for some of the symptoms that you are describing; and the probability of dementia a your age is very, very small.
Do you have family supporting you? Have you got a date for your brain scan and blood tests?
You have come to the right place here; there are lots of people who want to support you through this. Take care.
Love Helen

tracey ann

Jun 14, 2006
bedford
thank you, i have had blood tests, should get results in about ten days.. i have my fiance. but my familey live hundred and twenty miles away. i can talk to them on line though. dont know when i am going to have brain scan. i just keep looking at the kids and wondering if i will see them grow. i know its silly but cant help it.... its really hard . thanks again

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
It's not silly at all Tracey Ann; I think a fear every parent has. There's nothing I can say to make you feel better at the moment. Just lean on your fiance, hug your children, and take it one day at a time. We are here for you.
Love Helen

lost child

May 25, 2006
kent
Dear Tracey Ann
Please dont think i'm being stupid, but do you get enough sleep? I am 34 and have a 3 yr old and he had a major sleep problem for over a year.In the space of a week the longest stretch of sleep i had was 2 hours.Alot of the symptoms you are explaining i suffered as well and also nearly crashing the car because i forgot how to drive and to put it bluntly i felt brain dead my brain did not function properly.I hope you find out the answers soon it must be very frightening for you.
Take care Lost Child xxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyK