MY STOREY.

JIM rom Deeside

Mar 29, 2020
Hi I'm Jim i am living with dementia i was first diagnosed over 5 yrs ago, for the first 2 yrs i only had my family to talk to about it and it was very hard . I first got in contact with the Alzheimers Cociety by a chance meeting with David Allmark from the Alzheimers and since then i have never looked back , i have travelled all over North and South Wales giving talks about Dementia sorry i must finish here but i will continue again .

DogDay

Apr 3, 2020
Hi Jim, this is my first post on here. My mum has dementia and I am finding things very hard. I have no words of wisdom for you but to say, you are not alone. I have found reading the stories on here, although some are harrowing, to be useful to read.

Good luck with everything, Jim.
Take care
Donna

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Hello Jim, what a lovely positive post. I look forward to hearing more from you x

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Good Morning Jim.

I'm really pleased to find you here.

I have dementia, diagnosed about two years ago. My dementia is not specified/mixed, which doesn't really help. I'm on Donepezil and Rispridone, but not sure if helping?

I'm trying everything to deal with my dementia, I'm not just waiting for it to take me.
I would love to hear more about your talks; what they focus on, is it about living with dementia, fighting it, strategies to overcome it?

Do you have a website where I can visit?

I would love to ask you more, but I am aware this can be a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to contact as many people living with dementia, that are aware of it, and dealing with it, and I think you certainly fit this category!

Please let me know what you think?

JIM rom Deeside

Mar 29, 2020
Good Morning Jim.

I'm really pleased to find you here.

I have dementia, diagnosed about two years ago. My dementia is not specified/mixed, which doesn't really help. I'm on Donepezil and Rispridone, but not sure if helping?

I'm trying everything to deal with my dementia, I'm not just waiting for it to take me.
I would love to hear more about your talks; what they focus on, is it about living with dementia, fighting it, strategies to overcome it?

I would love to ask you more, but I am aware this can be a bit overwhelming. I'm trying to contact as many people living with dementia, that are aware of it, and dealing with it, and I think you certainly fit this category!

Please let me know what you think?

JIM rom Deeside

Mar 29, 2020
Hi and nice to here from you as you have read like you I was diagnosed over 5 yrs ago and like you I found it very hard at first, but as time as gone on I have found it better to manage because of what is happening at the moment I find it difficult to keep on top but I try and get out for a walk every day keeping my distance but talking to as many people as possible but some days I might only se 1 person out , but I try and talk to family on the telephone in this hard time its hard to talk about what we should do because it makes it harder knowing we cant do it . But I think the secret is keep your distance and keep safe as well as keeping as active as you can when I'm stuck in the house I think of my living room as a hotel I like my dining room is a restaurant I like and when I'm in the garden I think I'm oh holiday at some resort I like to go to it just helps to take the plainness out of this very hard time it works for me why not try it you may be surprised

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Hi Jim.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I’m not asking about dealing with this pandemic, but dementia?

Richard

JIM rom Deeside

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Richard no I don't have a website the talks I give are usually about my life after being diagnosed with Dementia it usually starts at my GP surgery in Chester before i moved to Seaside then carries on up to present day it covers doing an induction to become a Dementia champion, doing my first Dementia friends section in would you believe Tenerife.
It carries on to being invited to open the Welsh Alzheimer's Society Conference in Cardiff that was such an big thing opening it and comparing it as you can it was a long day and at themed doing a question and answer half hour, so at the end of the day I was exhausted.
Then go to the day i nearly made a big mistake i received a telephone call from a lady and didn't recognize her name she asked me to become an Ambassador for the Alzheimer's Society I thought it was someone messing about so my response was I will have to think about it and phone you back and went back in the garden after a while i thought what if it wasn't a wind up so I rang Jo Lane and explained what i had done she laughed and said it was true so i had to bite my tongue and ring them back and explain what happened we both had a laugh over it but needless to say i accepted the post of Ambassador that was last Match and I haven't stopped attending meetings and conferences since then.
This year was supposed to start at the Venue Cymru Llandudno again i was asked to open the Conference there but it was cancelled because of the virus so in all that gives you an idea of what i do the talks I give depends on the time i am given from 15 minutes to 30 minutes and if requested a question and answer session at the end .
Most of the venues are for the Alzheimer's Society manly because they helped me so much at the start I feel this is a way of giving something back and I really like talking to people trouble is I don't know when to stop, so that's it for now byby

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Hi and nice to here from you as you have read like you I was diagnosed over 5 yrs ago and like you I found it very hard at first, but as time as gone on I have found it better to manage because of what is happening at the moment I find it difficult to keep on top but I try and get out for a walk every day keeping my distance but talking to as many people as possible but some days I might only se 1 person out , but I try and talk to family on the telephone in this hard time its hard to talk about what we should do because it makes it harder knowing we cant do it . But I think the secret is keep your distance and keep safe as well as keeping as active as you can when I'm stuck in the house I think of my living room as a hotel I like my dining room is a restaurant I like and when I'm in the garden I think I'm oh holiday at some resort I like to go to it just helps to take the plainness out of this very hard time it works for me why not try it you may be surprised

I love the way you are dealing with isolation and have an hotel, restaurant and holiday resort all within easy reach. A lovely positive approach and I shall give it a go x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max69