My sister passed away

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Pammy

I have followed your threads in the past and just wanted to say that i was sorry to hear your news, i hope your pain eases a little knowing that Win is no longer suffering and that her passing was peaceful.

Best wishes for the future.
Love Alex x

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts. Just have to get through the funeral on Tuesday, I'm not good at funerals.

Still feeling I should have been there at the end but realistically she did't know we were there for the last few days.

Don';t know whether to go and see her in the funeral home.

Thanks again.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Pammy,

I`m sure you`ll be in all our thoughts on Tuesday.

Take care, and don`t forget TP will still be here for you if ever you need it.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
pammy14 said:

Don';t know whether to go and see her in the funeral home.

Pammy, that's up to you, there's no right or wrong about it.

I always found it comforting, to see the body made whole again, but without the 'person' within. It helped me to know that it was finally over, and I could make my last goodbyes. There's nothing scary, it's all very calm and peaceful.

But not everyone wants to do this, and you have to go with your own feelings. Whatever you will be OK.

We'll all be thinking of you on Tuesday, and if you want to post again in the meantime, we're here.

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
[QUOTE=pammy14]

Still feeling I should have been there at the end but realistically she did't know we were there for the last few days.

Don';t know whether to go and see her in the funeral home.[/QUOTE]

Dear Pammy,
Having worked for several years with terminally ill children, I know that very often the dying person seems to wait until they are on their own to die. I know this probably sounds weird, and I have often wondered about it, but it seems to be a well accepted phenomena. In some cases the dying person has died in the time it takes the watching person to go to the 'loo (no more than a very few minutes) after hours and days of being by the bedside. I have wondered if they hold on while some one is with them . . . ?? Who can tell?? But please, do not give yourself a hard time about not actually being there. Perhaps you could see it as giving Win permission to slip away . . . . ??

About the funeral home: I too have found it a comfort to see the person after death. Might sound macabre, but does help to establish in my mind the realisation that the "person" (soul, if you like) has gone, and that only the body is left. However, when Dad died last year, the thought of any of us seeing him in the funeral home was upsetting to my Mum, so I didn't go.

It is such a personal decision . . . . whatever you decide will be right for you.

Thinking of you: Nell

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Dear Pammy

Sorry to hear about your sister, she is at peace and whole again.

Take time for your self, will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I keep asking myself why I did not want to see my untie last year when she pass away, yes I was scared because I had seen my father in the chapel of rest for 2 weeks every day as mum keep wanting to go. first person so close that I had seen dead that it put me of from seeing my untie, sure she would of understood as I do regret it now . But what can I do now it’s all done and dusted now I keep telling myself .

What ever you do , do what make you feel good is all I can say now

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Thanks for all your kind thoughts

Thw funeral went very well , there were quite a few at chapel don't exactly know who but funeral directors will have taken names and give us the list.

The vicar (a young lady) gave a lovely talk about Winnie's life.

Now I am off on holiday for a week so hope to get good relaxation,

Thanks again.