My sister is gone

Chantilly

Jan 29, 2016
Australia
My beautiful sister who I was so very close to passed yesterday. She battled with FTD for 8 yrs. My heart is totally broken and I can't stop crying. I also lost my mum in July last year and at the time I seemed to cope with that easier and didn't cry so much. I feel awful.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. Sending you my sincere condolences and wishing you strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I am so sad for you xxxx It is such a hard time and there isn't much I can do or say to make things better except that your lovely sister is at peace and that we are here to support you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
What a very sad post from a new member. I'm so sorry to read about your loss. Please carry on posting as it may help you as so many members of this Forum have had to face what you are going through. You are not alone.

Love,

Lyn T XX

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so very sorry to read your sad news, please accept my condolences. Please do keep posting if you can, as there is such a lot of support from the kind members here x

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Im so sorry to hear that you have lost your sister. We are all here for you so please keep posting. Sending you some strength for tge days ahead. Be kind to yourself. Big hug. Love Quilty

Chantilly

Jan 29, 2016
Australia
Thank you everyone for being so kind. You all sound lovely and it's comforting to know you understand. The funeral is this Thursday and her sons have said they cannot do the Eulogy which I think is coming back on my shoulders. It's going to be so very hard I don't know where I will get the strength from?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you everyone for being so kind. You all sound lovely and it's comforting to know you understand. The funeral is this Thursday and her sons have said they cannot do the Eulogy which I think is coming back on my shoulders. It's going to be so very hard I don't know where I will get the strength from?

I gave the Eulogy for my husband, just over a year ago. The strength comes from somewhere, and if you have to take a break, everyone will understand. I typed mine out in large print, and checked with the Celebrant that if I couldn't do it, I could pass it to him, and he would read it.

I don't know how I did it - but I did. My thoughts will be with you, and your sister will be watching over you, like John watched over me xxx

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Hi Chantilly I'm so sorry to hear your news. We all know we are going to lose parents but a sibling is another thing. I'm writing the eulogy for my mum's funeral on Friday but the vicar is reading it. I'm just going to do a short passage. I sometimes think David Bowie had the right idea with no family & friends at his funeral. Sending you love & strength xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Chantilly. I am so sad to read about your losses and can see how hard it must be to lose your sister.

With regards to the eulogy, I wrote the one for Roger, but no way would I have attempted to read it! I knew my limitations and only managed to get through the funeral! I gave it to the celebrant to read, and she did a smashing job. I know Roger wouldn't have wanted me to struggle on something like that. These are just my thoughts and everyone is different. :)

I hope all goes well on Thursday. There are many people on here who will try to support you through this difficult time. J x

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Hi Chantilly. So very sorry to hear you have lost your beloved sister. If you type the eulogy in large print and have a friend on standby who you can hand it to if those tears do come then he or she can continue to read while you get settled down again. I have been the standby person in a lot of cases, probably because I am used to funerals and have a clear speaking voice, and have only had to read the second half of the eulogy in a couple of instances. You would probably find a friend standing beside you was a comfort anyway. Hope all goes well.

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
I'm so sorry for your loss,please carry on posting here.The support from here is amazing,my heart goes out to you.Xxxx

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
I'm so sorry for your loss. That must be so hard :(
I'm reading my eulogy for my dad. I've no idea how it'll go but I'll try xxx

Chantilly

Jan 29, 2016
Australia
I'm so sorry for your loss. That must be so hard :(
I'm reading my eulogy for my dad. I've no idea how it'll go but I'll try xxx[/QUOTE

Strength to you huni. I read for my mum but I practiced a couple of times at home first so I didn't have too much problem with the words and still had to remember to breath. Even type the word BREATH in sections of your script. It will really help. My thoughts are with you too x

Chantilly

Jan 29, 2016
Australia
You are all so lovely here thank you it is warming to have your support. My brother in law is not letting me or my other sister anything to do with the funeral now which is so sad. The three of us were soo close but we are lucky have each other to lean on an give each hugs and kisses when we are need strength. Thursday will be hard to finally say goodbye

Chantilly

Jan 29, 2016
Australia
I did read the Eulogy for my sister

Well, my sister's funeral was yesterday and I did get asked to write and read a Eulogy to the point where she married her 2nd husband, then the celebrant read his. I faltered a couple of times but had my husband, son, other sister and her daughter all standing behind me which was so powerful I felt their strength and carried out. I have never cried so much before and after. She was my rock, my sister, my mum and my friend. Is it normal to be very tired the next day? Thank you again to everyone who has posted positive and beautiful warm wishes x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well, my sister's funeral was yesterday and I did get asked to write and read a Eulogy to the point where she married her 2nd husband, then the celebrant read his. I faltered a couple of times but had my husband, son, other sister and her daughter all standing behind me which was so powerful I felt their strength and carried out. I have never cried so much before and after. She was my rock, my sister, my mum and my friend. Is it normal to be very tired the next day? Thank you again to everyone who has posted positive and beautiful warm wishes x

Of course, Sweetie - you're drained. Your sister watched over you too, and she would be so proud of you. Good for you. :) xxx