My sister has vascular dementia.

scipper

Mar 4, 2015
co.meath
My poor 57 year old sister has just been diagnosed with vascular dementia.I know very little about it.what will happen.is it more rapid in younger person or how long before she gets worsr

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My poor 57 year old sister has just been diagnosed with vascular dementia.I know very little about it.what will happen.is it more rapid in younger person or how long before she gets worsr

Hello Scipper sorry about your sister. My husband has got Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. The vascular dementia was coursed by little bleeds in the brain due to mini strokes. He is on medication like blood thinners and statins and blood pressure tablets! Unfortunately no one can predict how quickly this disease will progress as everyone is different! . There is lots of support and advice available on here and you might want to have a chat with the GP who I am sure will explain everything. Keep on posting and ask any questions as others will come along and offer support .

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

scipper

Mar 4, 2015
co.meath
Thanks for your help and kind words. I have been reading all the info and hope that we can all get an idea of how this awful thing will progress.
Regards
scipper