My sister has stopped me seeing my Mother

streetlyboy

Jul 29, 2020
How can anyone ever think that splitting up a Mother and Son is the correct thing to do?

How can they say that grandsons who live so far away cannot speak to their nan.

So sad, I can't believe my own sister could stoop so low.

I can't think straight, no idea who to turn to?

So I speak to my Father from beyond the grave, he cannot believe his daughter could do this to his wife.

Importantly-

Is my Mother alright?

Does she want to see me, or speak to me and her grand children?

Is this how it is?

Is this the legacy I've got to live with for the rest of my life?

Why and for what?

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Streetly boy can you tell us a little more about what has happened so we can try to help?
Kindred

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Welcome to the forum @streetlyboy you'll find helpful support and advice here but it would be useful if you could tell us a bit more about the situation. Does your sister have health & welfare power of attorney for your mother, and why is she saying that you can't see your mother? Has this happened recently?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi @streetlyboy and welcome to Dementia Talking Point.

Your situation is a really sad one. Has your sister given a reason for her decision to keep you and grandchildren away from your Mum?

Edited, Sorry too slow typing and have repeated what has already been said.

streetlyboy

Jul 29, 2020
Streetly boy can you tell us a little more about what has happened so we can try to help?
Kindred
Hi ya- it happened on Good Friday when I tried to phone my Mother but the line was dead.
I asked for the police to check in my Mother who informed me my Mother was safe and well but my sister had changed the land line number .
I have had no contact with my Mother since that day

streetlyboy

Jul 29, 2020
Welcome to the forum @streetlyboy you'll find helpful support and advice here but it would be useful if you could tell us a bit more about the situation. Does your sister have health & welfare power of attorney for your mother, and why is she saying that you can't see your mother? Has this happened recently?
[/QUO

We both had LPA but this was cancelled due to my sister taking large sums of money approx £20/25k out of my Mothers bank account over a four year period

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @streetlyboy . Have you actually spoken to your sister about this, or has she given you any reason for cutting off contact with you? It seems you won't get anywhere until you at least try that route.
In the mean time do have a look round this forum. You'll find lots of help and advice here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976