My poor mother is gone

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I don't think I can say anything, that others haven't already, but please accept my condolences. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I'm so pleased to hear about the letter your mum left. Thanks for all your kind comments and support here on TP.

Ash148

Jan 1, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
It's all been said, but I too wanted to acknowledge this end of an era and thank you for the many insights that you shared from the long road travelled with your mum. She must have been quite special to have had the foresight to write the letter that has brought you comfort.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Thank you all again for your kind words. TP has been a great help and comfort to me and I'm very glad if I've been able to be even a little help to anyone else. I only wish there had been something of the sort when we were going through it all with FiL - and pretty clueless at first, having to learn the hard way. But I don't think I even had the internet then - it was ages ago now.

Pickles, I am thinking about just such a letter, too!

xx to all

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Your mum is at peace now and your family will have many happy memories to look back on before this illness invaded her life, look after yourself Witzend, and we are always here for you:eek:
Chris x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Witzend, I read your post the day you wrote it but I've been unable to respond until now. Please accept my condolences and sympathy for your loss but I know you will understand when I say I'm glad your Mum's suffering is over.

What a find! That letter was your Mum's last physical present to her family-how wonderful and how loving of your Mum to create a lasting memory of her feelings for her children.

Wishing you peace and strength at this time.

Love

Lyn T XX