My partner constantly wants to be taken out.

AilsaH7

Nov 24, 2020
Hi I am new to this forum. My partner was diagnosed 2 years ago and was put on medication. He is fit and well, but last few months needs to be doing something every day..where are we going today...constantly. If I say no where he is like a child...
Then we discuss the garden we have an allotment or sorting out his shed..but no interest it is either too cold, too wet etc... so I end up going somewhere just to keep him happy...is this another one of the things....
He talks a lot about the past, but often sees something on tv then thinks he has done that or been there?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forum @AilsaH7. Losing interest is something my partner is doing more and more too. I don't know the answer, but it is possible he is finding everything too hard and confusing. The confusion over events is normal, it's a form of confabulation.
Keep posting and reading and you will find good support here.

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Hi @AilsaH7 my OH just worked and has no hobbies, so it’s very difficult to get him interested in anything. He reads, the same book over and over again, and watches football, although it’s on now and he is asleep! Concentration zero. I get fed up trying to interest him in things, and the TV is an interesting one as one night he made a connection between a place and a Peter May book, and told me that the author had given him the book at a motorbike rally. Nope, never happened!

Kortina

Nov 24, 2020
Hi I am new to this forum. My partner was diagnosed 2 years ago and was put on medication. He is fit and well, but last few months needs to be doing something every day..where are we going today...constantly. If I say no where he is like a child...
Then we discuss the garden we have an allotment or sorting out his shed..but no interest it is either too cold, too wet etc... so I end up going somewhere just to keep him happy...is this another one of the things....
He talks a lot about the past, but often sees something on tv then thinks he has done that or been there?

Kortina

Nov 24, 2020
Hi, I am also new to the forum and I have a partner whose whole personality has changed he has no interest in going out for a walk and seems to be in his own silent world with little motivation. I try to talk things through and suggest things but he always has an excuse not to do them. He seems to think I am bullying him when i am just be being assertive. He doesnt seem to want to talk to me.