My new status

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I went for a short walk in the grounds as the sun was shining. My crotchety nan was sitting in the sun he asked me again to stand for the committee.

I did it fir a year but it is a thankless task and do not want to do it.

So I said to him. If you like me enough you would not ask me to be on the committee! He laughed and said Agreed I take it all back !

So I have got out of it and he is not upset. I am eating his grapes although I am not really a fruit lover.

Jeannette

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Well I amstill struggling with after effects of flu. Went out yesterday shopping and then to a concert I evening. All very gentle mostly sitting, then I was taken to church this morning.

1 pm in a hotel waiting for lunch started to feel ill again, and still feel rotten now,

It is going to take me a long time to recover I think

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope the after effects wear off soon Jeannette.
'Flu is a horrible illness, really pulls you down.
I get annoyed with people who call a heavy cold, 'flu as 'flu is so much more.
Get well soon. :)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've only just rememberd that you had the 'flu jab.
Golly, if your reaction bears any relation to the effect the full blown disease would have had, maybe it's as well you had the jab.
There again, is there any connection between the reaction and the actual disease?
I just hope you are feeling a bit better each day. x

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, the first significant date for me since Gordon died. I went to London to treat myself to an anniversary present, but became unwell at Kings Cross and had to come straight home.

After effects from this "flu/virus" ?? I don't know.

So I am taking it easy once again. Hope I am alright for the meet up in Covent Garden .

Jeannette

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh I'm sorry you became unwell. What a shame. I hope some rest helps you to recover.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Get well soon Jeanette.

I thought my symptoms were a reaction to the flu jab but I think my streaming cold and tight chest is just coincidence and a virus infection. My symptoms began 6 days after the flu jab.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Jeannette I'm so sorry that you are still not feeling well. It could be the virus-these things do linger at times; however, do you think it could be put down to how you were feeling about the significance of the day? Your first Anniversary without your Gordon? Very happy memories of your life together but probably tinged with poignancy and sadness?

I'm hoping that you will feel better very soon, and you have that treat. You so deserve one.

Love

Lyn T XXXX

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Well here i am back after nearly two months

My virus remains sadly, returning over and over , last return was two days before I went to Cornwall for Christmas. Today I am beginning to believe I feel better, but for how long?

I am seeing cardiologist this afternoon, had a7 day heart monitor fitted in Nov, and during that time was in A and E with severe pains and tachycardia, so hopefully my "man" willhave some answers for me,

Having a generalMOT on Friday as part of anew system at surgery an hour with the practice nurse so that might be helpful too.

My feeling faint has. Never really left me and I rarely go far on my own.

My holiday was ok but I felt ill most if the time,I was just glad toget home.it is where I feel safe.

However on a brighter note I really felt when I woke up this morning that JEANNETTE was back. Here's hoping 2015 willbe a healthier year.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thanks for the update Jeannette:)

For goodness sake-what a lot of physical problems you have had. I'm so sorry. Perhaps a little glimmer of hope that you woke feeling more like your self today. Hold on to that feeling.

I'm glad that the medics are taking care of you; your time in hospital must have been a frightening experience. A good idea to have a MOT with the nurse. Has the virus been identified?

You have had more than your share of ill health Jeannette. Could you let us know how you get on this afternoon? No pressure;)

Love as always

Lyn T XX

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
Dear Jeanette,
wishing you well and hoping next year is better for you. My sister-in-law has had faintness and nausea for the last year too but they now think it may be a side effect of the tablets she has to take following treatment for breast cancer. For her is is worse early in the day but I know it can be quite debilitating.Poor you.
love Tre

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Jeannette, I have thought of you a lot over the Christmas time and wondered how your Christmas away, I believe in Cornwall, was going.
I'm so sorry you felt ill when you were there but hope it at least made the time easier than if you'd spent it at home.
However, maybe not so.
I hope you hear good news about your heart this afternoon.
I hope your health will improve in the coming year. xxx