my new saying

mrf94

Dec 17, 2014
huddersfield
As they do people are asking me how i am coping etc looking after my wife,how are you is common, This last week dont know where it came from but the answer has been....... Ok thank you , "I wake up wanting to go to bed"

mrf94

david

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Oh how I Remember that feeling. My husband did not sleep but how I yearned for the night to come around so I could try yet again to get him to sleep if only for an hour. I spent years wishing our lives away as I willed the hours to speed by.

I really do feel for you and hope that sometime very soon things will change and there will be less strain and time once more will be more pleasant.,

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
Isn't it sad that we wish the time away. It is our life we are loosing too. I will be using that reply when things get bad again. As we are going through a lull.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Isn't it sad that we wish the time away. It is our life we are loosing too. I will be using that reply when things get bad again. As we are going through a lull.

I don't feel I'm living my life at all nowadays - I'm living John's life. All of my time and energy is used towards planning which groups to take him to, which appointments he has to attend, which medications are to be given or prescriptions renewed, going out or not according to how he is feeling, organising housework or gardening for when he is showering or sleeping.

Mostly I just get on with it but when I stop and think about it there is a disturbing awareness of robot like existence in my daily routine.

However the Gods must have been watching as I will be getting three days of him going to day centre as of next week.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I don't feel I'm living my life at all nowadays - I'm living John's life. All of my time and energy is used towards planning which groups to take him to, which appointments he has to attend, which medications are to be given or prescriptions renewed, going out or not according to how he is feeling, organising housework or gardening for when he is showering or sleeping.

Mostly I just get on with it but when I stop and think about it there is a disturbing awareness of robot like existence in my daily routine.

However the Gods must have been watching as I will be getting three days of him going to day centre as of next week.

Good news and I hope it goes well.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
mrf94

As they do people are asking me how i am coping etc looking after my wife,how are you is common, This last week dont know where it came from but the answer has been....... Ok thank you , "I wake up wanting to go to bed"

mrf94

david

I can really relate to this. What a life !!!x