1. mrf94

mrf94 Registered User

Dec 17, 2014
    huddersfield
    As they do people are asking me how i am coping etc looking after my wife,how are you is common, This last week dont know where it came from but the answer has been....... Ok thank you , "I wake up wanting to go to bed"

mrf94

david

2. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    Oh how I Remember that feeling. My husband did not sleep but how I yearned for the night to come around so I could try yet again to get him to sleep if only for an hour. I spent years wishing our lives away as I willed the hours to speed by.

I really do feel for you and hope that sometime very soon things will change and there will be less strain and time once more will be more pleasant.,

3. 1mindy

1mindy Registered User

Jul 21, 2015
    Female
    Shropshire
    Isn't it sad that we wish the time away. It is our life we are loosing too. I will be using that reply when things get bad again. As we are going through a lull.

4. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    I don't feel I'm living my life at all nowadays - I'm living John's life. All of my time and energy is used towards planning which groups to take him to, which appointments he has to attend, which medications are to be given or prescriptions renewed, going out or not according to how he is feeling, organising housework or gardening for when he is showering or sleeping.

Mostly I just get on with it but when I stop and think about it there is a disturbing awareness of robot like existence in my daily routine.

However the Gods must have been watching as I will be getting three days of him going to day centre as of next week.

5. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Good news and I hope it goes well.

6. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Glad you are going to get a break Marion.

Hope things get a little easier for you mrf94.
    xxxxx

7. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    Good news about day care Marion

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

8. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    That's wonderful news about the Day Centre. So pleased for you. :)xxx

9. exhausted 2015

exhausted 2015 Registered User

Jul 5, 2015
    Female
    stoke on trent
    Hello I know that feeling of being like a robot and living someone else's life hope you have a worthwhile break next week xx

10. mrf94

mrf94 Registered User

Dec 17, 2014
    huddersfield
    Like you go shopping and when you get back and are putting the stuff away your thinking ?wheres my food.

mrf94

david

11. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    mrf94

I can really relate to this. What a life !!!x

12. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester