My mum's journey has ended

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I haven't posted a great deal about my mum's journey with dementia, but my mum died yesterday afternoon. 7 years and 8 days after we lost my dad to dementia.

We were told almost 4 weeks ago that mum was end of life, yet despite everything she battled on. Even when we got the call at 4 in the morning that mum's breathing indicated that the end was very near she battled on for another 11 hours. We have been supported throughout by the carers and nurses in mum's care home, for which we are so grateful.

As many of you will understand it's a mixture of sadness and relief that mum has been released.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news Sue38
your mum has found peace - no doubt she was greeted with a welcome kiss from your dad
it's good to read that you were so well supported by the care home staff
I hope you and your family find your way through the arrangements to be made
and also find some peace for yourselves

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So sorry to hear your news Sue and fully understand the mixture of sadness and relief.

Take care and my condolences to you and your sisters.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My condolences Sue. Relief that your mum's suffering is over, I'm sure, but the loss of your mum is still a huge loss.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
My condolences to you such a mixture of emotions but your Mum is now at peace and reunited with your Dad.xx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
I'm so sorry to read that your mum has died Sue.
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you and your family Sue. I'm glad your mum is now at peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sending love and sympathy Sue. Sad news. A sad time. Mum is at rest and at peace. Be kind to yourself. xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sue, I'm very sorry to read your sad news-but glad your Mum is now at peace.

I hope you find strength for the times ahead.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
So sorry to hear your news. Mam is at peace now, and with Dad.
My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family, at this very sad time.
Wishing you strength over the coming weeks. xxxxx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Thank you all.

It's early days of course but alongside the feelings of sadness there is a sense of relief and release. Both for mum and for us.

Hopefully mum and dad are together somewhere - and no doubt falling out already! Today is a lovely sunny day and although I'm only doing washing, cleaning the house, walking the dog and so on, I am doing it without feeling I should be with mum or sorting something out for her.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I haven't posted a great deal about my mum's journey with dementia, but my mum died yesterday afternoon. 7 years and 8 days after we lost my dad to dementia.

We were told almost 4 weeks ago that mum was end of life, yet despite everything she battled on. Even when we got the call at 4 in the morning that mum's breathing indicated that the end was very near she battled on for another 11 hours. We have been supported throughout by the carers and nurses in mum's care home, for which we are so grateful.

As many of you will understand it's a mixture of sadness and relief that mum has been released.

Dear Sue,

Your mum is free now but it is you and your family that I am thinking about. I hope you can find peace.

Love and hugs from

MaNaAk