my mum

lynd

Apr 8, 2012
Wales
Just having a moan - My mum is giving my dad such a hard time at the moment. She's only a scrap of a thing but can be so strong when she gets angry and lashes out. She's not well again at the moment and is in a lot of pain. The GP has prescribed stronger pain killers and won't accept that she can't have paracetamol as well causing even more temper tantrums.

He really needs a holiday but she won't go, dad has asked for respite for her from Social Services whether it happens is another thing - fingers x'd tho :(

any way moan over thanks

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Sorry to hear about your Mum being ill and her behaviour towards your Dad, its so hard to watch isnt it? My Dad had similar problems with my Mum, she is now in permanent care as Dad became ill himself and suffered carer breakdown, her permanent care started off as respite care but I fought for it to become permanent as I knew Dad couldnt cope any longer. Sadly, he is doing all he can to try and bring her home again we have six week review next week so crossing fingers that social services wont let him take her home. I hope your Dad gets that respite care, he clearly needs it, why not call social services yourself and say he is in danger of carer breakdown and you will hold them responsible if he becomes ill through this. Good luck xx

Ange

lynd

Apr 8, 2012
Wales
Sorry to hear about your Mum being ill and her behaviour towards your Dad, its so hard to watch isnt it? My Dad had similar problems with my Mum, she is now in permanent care as Dad became ill himself and suffered carer breakdown, her permanent care started off as respite care but I fought for it to become permanent as I knew Dad couldnt cope any longer. Sadly, he is doing all he can to try and bring her home again we have six week review next week so crossing fingers that social services wont let him take her home. I hope your Dad gets that respite care, he clearly needs it, why not call social services yourself and say he is in danger of carer breakdown and you will hold them responsible if he becomes ill through this. Good luck xx

Ange

Thank you Ange for your comments I like the idea of ringing them myself. He's having a small break this weekend organised by my sister and myself - it's only a few days but its something.

Hope the review went ok and that your dad didn't get his way !!!!

Thanks Lynd