My Mum

Whocares

Mar 18, 2006
Hi All, I am devastated to let you all know that my lovely mum died yesterday morning. I am hurting more than I thought possible. She got an infection and went down really quickly. We had to decide whether to take her to hospital or make her comfortable.

We kept her in familiar surroundings and spent the last two days of her life with her, Telling her what a lovely mum she had been to us all,

I never thought the end would be so quick, I feel blessed to have known and loved her. heart broken to have lost her and relieved she is out of all the physical and mental pain the dementia caused her.

Both parents in 9 months seems so hard to bear

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
thinking of you and your family, im so sorry for your loss
take care xx

johnw

May 14, 2006
manchester
together again

I too am so sorry to hear of your heart felt pain. I hope you can soon get past this hurt in the thought that your parents will now be happy again in each others arms.
I'm so pleased you kept her at home for her last goodby, you did the right thing for her and the family.
Know we all care on this forum and always will.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
I am so sorry to hear about your mum, but it is so good that you were able to be close to her as she reached the end of her journey.
Thinking of you.
Love Amy

alex

Apr 10, 2006
So sorry

So sorry to hear that your mum died, i am sure nothing anyone says will make things any more bearable for you at the moment, but it helps a little to know that others are thinking about you and that they care about the heartache you are going through.

Its always heartbreaking to say goodbye to someone you love very much, but at least you were there and had the chance to say everything you wanted to say.

Have you heard of the "Footprints in the Sand Poem"? If so, you will realise that you've been carrying your mum for a long time, now let her carry you through this sad time, I'm sure she would want too.

Thinking of you
Alex

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
The pain seems unbearable but your Mum and your Dad will always be with you. I'm not in the slightest "religious" as I think there is far more to our universe than we mortals can even begin to understand or explain away with our stories but since losing my Dad I know he is still helping me through each day. Whatever your beliefs you can take comfort in having helped your Mum in her last few days by being there. What else could any of us ask for?

Kriss

mumof3

Feb 6, 2006
Whocares, I am sorry to hear your sad news. You can gain some comfort from knowing that you did your very best for your mum right up the end. I am absolutely sure you did the right thing in keeping her in familiar surroundings and just being with her and letting her know how much she meant to you.

It is a truely awful thing to lose both parents especially so close together. I lost my dad and then mum within three years and that was hard enough. It doesn't matter what age you are, you still feel orphaned.

Take time for yourself especially in the next few weeks when you run out of things to organise and keep you occupied.

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Who cares,
I just want to add my condolences to you. It is so hard to loose our parents but I know you will becomforted knowing this terrible illness can no longer hurt your Mom. Try to remember her as she was and is now, a whole person with her memories back. Now it is time to take care of yourself. Take care and please let us know how you are.

Debbie

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
So very sorry for your loss, but take comfort in the fact you were able to be together at the end.

Love and hugs

Linda x

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Just to add my sincere sorrow for the loss of your Mum, take comfort in the thought that she and your dad are back together again.

In time to come, you may be comforted that her suffering was fairly short, and you did the right thing by keeping her with you and giving her a loving last goodbye.

Take care of yourself,

Kathleen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sorry for this belated response - but it comes with huge hugs and my hopes that you will look after yourself as you need to now,

Love, Karen, x