my mum

sharon 44

Nov 20, 2009
lincoln
Hi everyone it has been a long time since i have been on here, mum is comfortable in the care home and very well looked after she has deterioated badly and does not recognise us anymore, dad and i visit every other day cos i will not give up she is my beautiful mum who i love with all my heart but i am still so angry inside because she should not be like this at 66yrs of age we all feel so robbed but we will carry on thanks for listening
Sharon

KatieM

May 15, 2008
Essex
Hi Sharon,

Sorry to hear how young your mum is. My dad's 72 and had advanced Vascular Dementia, so I understand how heartbreaking it is to see someone so young suffer this illness. Dad hasn't got a clue who I am either but he smiles when he sees me so I know he knows me in his own way which means an awful lot. Your mum might not recognise who you are or know your name any more but I'm sure she'll be able to feel the love you have for her during your visits.
Keep going - it is hard, I know.

Hugs,

Katie

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Sharon,

66 is indeed a young age for your mum to be so poorly. This is a terrible disease at any age, but it always seems more tragic when the sufferer is young.

Your mum may not recognise you, but I'm sure that you still give her pleasure by visiting so often xx

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi everyone it has been a long time since i have been on here, mum is comfortable in the care home and very well looked after she has deterioated badly and does not recognise us anymore, dad and i visit every other day cos i will not give up she is my beautiful mum who i love with all my heart but i am still so angry inside because she should not be like this at 66yrs of age we all feel so robbed but we will carry on thanks for listening
Sharon

Hi Sharon

Your post made me feel really sad:(

All you can do is visit, and love her.

Best wishes.

Beverley x