my mum

h_eclair

Feb 25, 2005
My mum is fantastic
I'm so angry at present, my mum is 54 and has Ad. I feel so isolated and hurt hows this happening to her????????????? Ive just had her stay for a week and i noticed such a change in her. Really dont know much about Ad or the support available for her so am glad to have found the site.

Last edited:

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
hi Eclair
welcome to the site.
Sorry to hear of you concerns for Mum.
There is much advice available on the Alzheimer's help line www.alzheimers.org.uk
Ther is also much advice here on Talking Point,post a message anytime,ask all the questions that you wish,I am sure you will feel at home here
Best wishes
Norman :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Eclair, you have every right to be angry. Life is so cruel to someone as young as your Mum.
You can only try to take every chance to do the ordinary things whilst qulity is still there. You do not say if Mum is on any medication, such as Aricept or Exelon. I know they are not the answere for everyone, but I do feel that it has helped in Lionels case, to moderate the rate of descent inot the illness. It is only when I look back I realise how he is now (Does that make sense)
Continue posting, and let us know how Mum is doing from time to time, or come at us if you hit any particular problems.
Take care, Connie

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Eclair, so sorry to hear of your Mum, she is so young. You have every right to feel angry and cheated by this illness. I am glad you have found us, please keep posting, love She. XX