My Mum

Memori

Sep 22, 2006
Mum passed away two weeks ago, and we recently had her funeral, I have been very strong up till now, but today I keep crying uncontrollably I don’t understand why, the worst is over and even with the mountains of paperwork things are slowly getting done, I have not been too busy today maybe that’s it, or maybe its being alone at last.
I knew this was coming for some time since she was diagnosed with Leukaemia on top of her Alzheimer’s and not given long to live, she was very brave right till the end even though she did not understand that it was the end which I did feel guilty about, but I think somehow that she did know, and protecting her kept me strong in a way, in the end it was fairly quick less than twelve hours she went downhill quickly in hospital, we had hoped she would be at home but she had to be rushed in as she was in some discomfort that same day, I sat with her along with my son until she stopped breathing which was very hard and upsetting for us both, the nurses and doctors could not have been kinder and all the people we have had to deal with were lovely. I want to thank all the people on this forum who have helped me with my worries Big Hugs and Thanks x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Memori,
Sending you condelences of the passing of your Mother.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
At least your Mother is no longer suffering.
Best wishes
Chrisinte

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear memori

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. The end has been very quick for you, and must have been very upsetting.

You have done everything you could for her, and it was good that you could be with her at the end. Her sufferings are now over, but yours are not.

I'm not surprised you're crying today. Usually, after a death there is so much to organise that grief is kept below the surface. But it has to come out eventually, and that is what is happening to you now.

Be good to yourself, spoil yourself a bit, rest, and cry as much as you need to.

There are no rules for grieving, it takes everyone in a different way. Just go with the flow, let your body dictate.

And come back and talk to us whenever you want tyo, we're still here for you.

Love and hugs,

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Dear Memori

I am so sorry that you have lost your mum Memori and I send sincere condolences.

I keep crying uncontrollably I don’t understand why
Dear Memori, just read your thread again and I think you will see why! It's o.k. just let it happen.

Love Helen

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Memori,

Your mum is at peace now.

You were with her..she was loved and cared for.

The tears come when it's all over..the practicalities are dealt with..then you have time to reflect ..then you grieve.

It will become easier..and you'll remember the good times..you'll stop crying, start smiling..and one day you'll remember something regarding mum ..and you'll laugh.

Trust me..I've been there with dad..it happens.

If you hadn't loved you wouldn't be grieving...:)

Love gigi xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Memori

We feel for you, Ron and I, as does everyone on this site.
If you need to talk, you know we are here.
Barb & Ron

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Memori,

I echo what others have said here about the grieving. You have my deepest sympathy for your sad loss. Caring Thoughts, Taffy.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa