My mum passed away tonight

perfectpatience

Oct 3, 2006
Essex
Hi all. Just would like to let you know that my mum passed away peacefully in her sleep this evening. I had been to visit her this afternoon....and the nursing home nurse found she had passed away in her sleep later in the evening. I would have liked to have been with her...I have since been back...and she looks very peaceful. Today her brother came to see her....and some other family. She was asleep..but I hope she could feel the love in the room today with all her family there. Iam so numb at the moment. There seems so much to do. I want to thank all at t/p for helping me through these dark days when I would post about my mums condition....every reply was much appreciated and valued. Love PP xx

ann60

Nov 24, 2006
Australia
What can I say but I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I guess it's something we all are going to have to go through at some stage and hopfully knowing that there are others out there that know exactly what you are going through can help in some small way. I'm sure that your mum knew how loved she was even though she couldn't communicate with you and your family. That's what I like to think every time I visit my mum. Take care and a big hug. Ann

Helena

May 24, 2006
Perfect Patience

I feel for you in your loss ,you must be thankful she is no longer suffering and is at peace .
This time last week I was in your shoes too tomorrow is my Mothers Funeral

The wonderful smell of the lilies that are for her coffin pervades my house currently and i take comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya PP,
I would like to think that you all being there in some way gave mum a sense of completeness, of having said her goodbyes, although she seemed to be sleeping, and allowed her to let go. You have obviously given her so much love and care; struggled with her being in the Nursing Home - now she is free, and hopefully in time you will find some peace.
Thinking of you.
Love Helen

mariak

Sep 3, 2003
I too have just lost my Mum and feel so much pain at loosing her. She was a light that shone so bright and now life seems a darker place. my Mums funeral is monday. I have chosen one of her beautiful dresses to be buried in along with a favorite handbag so each one can give her a token of their love to go over with. I look each night to the stars to say goodnight. I know monday will be a dreadful day. I know all the sayings your Mum is free, she is not suffering anymore, but I am missing her so much.
Mariak

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear PP,
I was so sorry to hear that your mother passed away last night, but at least she had a peaceful end to her life. It was good that her family were able to meet together in her room. My condolences to you all and I hope you will be able to look back on all the happy memories of your Mum as you move forward into the future.
Kayla

Dear Helena,
I hope your mother's funeral goes well and those lovely lilies sound so beautiful and fragrant.
Kayla

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Maria,
Of course you are missing her love- no matter how ill they become, how dependent on others for their every need- they are still our 'mum' - and I know for me, when those arms enfolded me, I felt safe and things would be OK. Maria go with the flow - if you feel like smiling, smile, and if you feel like crying , cry, and if you feel angry, find a place to shout. All these feelings are right. You will get through this time. When my 12 year old son was given the option of viewing his much loved grandad's body and going to the funeral I was worried for him; he turned round and said "What's the worst that can happen mum? I'll cry, and that'll be OK". Don't fear for Monday, you will be OK.
Thinking of you.
Love Helen

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi pp

Sorry to hear of your loss, but the good thing is that your mum left this world peacefully.........nothing will be a comfort to you at the moment, but knowing that will be a comfort later on.
Take care of yourself and take things one day at a time for now.

Maria............don't dread the funeral............people kept telling me that it would be a lovely day and that i'd feel surrounded by love............and that was so true, i was surrounded by everyone who loved Ray and knew how i felt and that was a great comfort.

Best wishes to you both
Love Alex x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi PP
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss....take comfort that your mum slipped peacefully away
take carexx

Maria
sending you love and hugs.....be strong
xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear PP
So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Jennifer

perfectpatience

Oct 3, 2006
Essex
Thankyou so much everyone for your kind words and support. It has meant so much. My head is in a whirl...so much to think about...so much to do. I was upset that my mum passed away alone...but after reading some of the posts...I realise it might have been her wish...and she waited till everyone went before she slipped away. I hope she was ok....and she did look so peaceful and pain free...when I went to see her...and she was still warm. Anyway thankyou again...I will post again at a later date. Kind regards to everybody. Love PP xx

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
So sorry to hear about your Mum.
It will be difficult time for you and the family but I am sure you all have some lovely memories to hold on to.
Thinking of you
Kazlou

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear PP

So sorry to hear about your mum. I know you feel sad at not being with her, but you saw her in the afternoon, and she knew you love her. Take comfort from the fact that she is now at peace, and her dreadful struggle is over.

Be good to yourself for a while, you need time to recover, and is normal to feel numb.

Take care,

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
dear pp

so sorry for your loss thinking of you at this sad time
take care x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream