My Mum passed away on Friday,December 19th.

matchstick

Dec 22, 2010
glasgow
My mum Mary passed away very peacefully,mums iron levels dropped too dangerous levels 3 months ago the NH GP sent her to Hospital for a blood transfusion mum returned to NH but quickly moved to end stage Alzheimers Disease,she lost weight rapidly and last Thursday developed a chest infection and peacefully passed away with family by her side.
I was content that Doctor put End Stage Alzheimers Disease on Death Certificate,I say to Doctor "Thank you my mum had a terminal illness it just takes longer he agreed" she had disease for nearly 20 years Mum was still being helped into her armchair beside her bed up until Wednesday but was clearly struggling.I will miss her,goodbye mum she was 91.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read about your mum. Sending my sympathy and condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
She fought a long battle, at peace now.

Take care of yourself for a while, knowing her struggle is over.

My Mam was a Mary too. She's gone but ever present.

Love lasts and stays. x

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
So sorry to hear your news matchstick

Sending you my sympathy and condolences. Take care of yourself.

Lindy xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry matchstick. Your Mum's passing sounded peaceful so I hope you have some comfort from that.

My Husband passed on 09/12/14 -on Christmas night I'm going to look to the sky; I'm sure there will be many new, bright shining stars twinkling down.

Wishing you strength

Lyn T XX

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Sorry for your loss, it has been a long journey for her with this insidious disease. I am glad you shared the journey with her as I did with my Mum, that way there is no regrets.

matchstick

Dec 22, 2010
glasgow
Thanks for all the kind comments,TP has been a great source of comfort to me down the years,I have no regrets my mum and my dad who I lost 3 years ago will remain forever in my heart,they were married just short of 65 years and are now reunited...Together Again.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry matchstick.
Wishing strength in the coming weeks. xxxxx