my Mum now cant walk, eat, drink?

Jennifer78

Nov 20, 2020
Hi,
My Mum has been suffering vascular dementia for many years, and now she seems to be getting worse quite quickly, she no longer seems to be able to swallow much if anything, barely able to walk and no words at all.
please can anyone tell me what is next as waiting for a call from the doctor to advise and I'm broken???

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
Hi Jennifer, my mum is in a similar state at the moment. Placed in a care home in July able to walk and talk and eating well.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to DTP Jennifer.

I hope you get something useful from the doctor. It's difficult to say what will happen as many have had their loved ones rally unexpectedly. We're here to support you whatever comes next.

Jennifer78

Nov 20, 2020
Hi Jennifer, my mum is in a similar state at the moment. Placed in a care home in July able to walk and talk and eating well.
I’m glad your Mum is going well, my Mum can’t do anything now, my a dad is her career I’m just not sure how long we have Left with her ?

Jennifer78

Nov 20, 2020
Welcome to DTP Jennifer.

I hope you get something useful from the doctor. It's difficult to say what will happen as many have had their loved ones rally unexpectedly. We're here to support you whatever comes next.
Thank you, I feel so confused with so many emotions

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
I’m glad your Mum is going well, my Mum can’t do anything now, my a dad is her career I’m just not sure how long we have Left with her ?
Sorry Jennifer I meant when she was placed she could do all those things. 4 months later she sounds like your Mum. It is very hard.

Jennifer78

Nov 20, 2020
Sorry Jennifer I meant when she was placed she could do all those things. 4 months later she sounds like your Mum. It is very hard.
Oh OK, I’m sorry. It is so hard isn’t it. What do the Dr’s say regarding it all at this stage?

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
Oh OK, I’m sorry. It is so hard isn’t it. What do the Dr’s say regarding it all at this stage?
My mum has a suspected secondary cancer so my Mums GP said it could be weeks or months. Was your mums GP able to offer you any advise at all? I feel like even though I knew this happens with progression of disease it’s such a shock. My mum went into general population at the care home initially rather than EMI as she presented so well so to see her like this is upsetting

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6