My mum is sleeping alot

sharpy

Feb 10, 2015
Recently my mum who has LBD has been sleeping majority of day and my dad is finding it harder to wake her up. My dad and i are obviously finding this worrying, my dad is seeking advice from their doctor. We are thinking this could be down to the medication my mum is on but i have also been wondering if this a stage in her LBD. I have seen my mum decline so quickly and this is heartbreaking! She is also halluncinating, doesnt speak and finds it hard to move and walk about due to the parkinson side of the dementia. Im hoping that we get some answers from the doctor about her sleeping, but any advice or information from anyone would be great.
Thanks

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Hi Sharpy,

It's good that you are seeking the doctors advice as it is always wise to check out any medicine side effects and physical problems.

However, it does seem to be a common theme with dementia sufferers. My mum slept more and more as the dementia progressed and mil seems to be sleeping more these days, too.

Check out some recent threads on here. I'm sure you will be reassured that it can be very common.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan