My Mum is gone

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
Dear all, I have not been a regular poster on here mainly due to time constraints and the worry that I was a whinging bore! Just to let you all know that my Mum passed away on Wednesday. Although she had vascular dementia, she had an exploratory laparotomy for stomach problems and they discovered a huge tumour; (surgeon said he did not know how she had survived). She got through surgery but then had to return to theatre as an artery blew. She survived that but then arrested in ICU afterwards and passed away. She did not go with vascular dementia, but with arrest post operatively. In the last few months, Mum and I had restored our relationship: we spent time telling each other we loved each other, holding hands and were close again. I told her I loved her every time I saw her, as she did me. At the moment, I feel like my heart is ripped out and I hurt so much. I am dreading Mother's Day this Sunday but she is in the best place now. I never thought I would feel this bereft. I just have one message for you all, as a last post; you are all wonderful people, who helped me through my darkest hours. Thank you so, so much. gather strength from each other: love, laugh and live. When the end comes, it is so very painful but know that there are thousands of us who have been through, and share your pain. Love to you all. D X

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I'm so sorry Demonica. It's so lovely you repaired your relationship.
Sending you love & hugs xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Afternoon Demonica66
Such sad news - thank you for letting us know
Your mum is at peace
and I'm so glad you retrieved your relationship and spent such a special time with her to create loving memories which I hope will be of comfort to you
find a photo of her where she is smiling out at you, and blow her a kiss on Sunday - I will be doing that too

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Very sad news Demonica66. Thank you so much for your thoughtful post and it's heartfelt message to those of us who still have to face the inevitable end of the journey. Perhaps you will revisit TP from time to time as many others do. I hope so as former carers have a lot to offer others.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry, Demonica xx

How glad you must be that you both managed to repair your relationship. You can have an easy conscience, and you were able to express your love for one another, which is priceless.

Take care xx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Condolences demonically, pleased to hear you healed your relationship X

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry for you loss and send my condolences. I'm glad your mum is at peace and that you healed your relationship.

Maymab

Oct 8, 2013
Staffs
So sorry. It is very early days for you and your emotions will be very raw, but take comfort from knowing that you both shared your love.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app