My mum is finally sleeping

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm very sorry to hear about your mum's passing, I hope that you gain comfort that she's not suffering now. x

britcare4

Jul 5, 2011
So sorry for your loss, but your mum is at peace now. I know what you mean about her dying on your dads anniversary. My dad died on the 10th April, twelve years later my mum died on the 9th of April.
Thinking of you
Angela

geum123

May 20, 2009
Dear Annie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's passing.
But hope it is of comfort to know she is now with your Dad.

Love Geum xxx

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
Oh Annie
I'm so sorry for your loss but at the same time so pleased that your lovely mum is now with your dad and at peace at last, her fight is over now. Much love to you at this very sad time xxxxe

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Dear Annie,

I am so so sorry your have lost your dear Mum, may you find comfort in knowing she is at peace now & back with your Dad again.

My sincere condolences to you & your family,

With much love, Dottie xx

shauna

Sep 10, 2010
Dear Annie,

I have just read your sad but beautifull post ,I am so sorry to hear of your mum's passing.Its such a sad time with mixed emotions of relief and sadness.Take comfort in knowing your mum is free from suffering and safe in the arms of your dad as i know my mum is. I have followed your post and know how much love you had for your mum its been a long journey and now its over you have all the lovely memories of the special times you had with your wonderfull mum and when you feel sad just think of those special moments and it will help you through the dark days.She will always be with you because a love between a mother and daughter is so very special it never dies. Take some time ad be good to yourself you have truely earned it

Love Shauna

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Annie,

Your post here was really beautiful.
Your dear mum is now at peace, and with her husband again.
A hugely sad time for you, but peace for you as well.

Sending love,
Nan XXX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Annie,

I felt very emotional reading your post and the overwhelming impression I got was that your mum has left you a gift that will remain with you for the rest of your life. By dying on the same day as your dad, she has left you a gift of peace about them both and the wonderful thing is that you already have received this gift. It is as if your mum (and dad) must have known you would need this;)

My sincere condolences to you and yours.

Love

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Dear Annie, I've only just logged on to see how you were as I haven't been on for a few days.

Such a beautiful but very sad post. My thoughts and love are with you and your family and may you take comfort that your parents are once again reunited together.xxxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Annie,

I'm sorry to hear your sad news but I also find it very comforting that your mother and father were joined on the anniversary of his death. It's very touching and I hope this will make this day special for you.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Thank you all

Hello everyone,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words of support, and the PMs. As I have just said to one of you (and you know who you are!), I haven't been able to bring myself to continue this thread because I can't believe I've really written it. However, I do want to say how grateful I am for your thoughts, words and support.

I feel void of any emotion, and that's the only struggle I seem to be facing. I imagined all sorts of emotions would hit me...but they haven't. Not yet...anyway.

I think a handful of Sundays with nowhere to go will make it more real, and of course the funeral will be a very emotional day, but every day around these seems almost normal. I have no issues with crying and I have cried, but more in a chokey voice, lump in throat kind of way. Ask anyone who knows me and they would tell you I cry at the drop... I cry at the London Marathon, when people sing happy birthday, when Jim was nice to Dot on Eastenders... But I can't seem to cry right now.

This doesn't feel like grief. I knew grief when dad died, and this isn't it.

Logically, I can see why, but I'm not comfortable with it and I feel guilty.

I have been estranged from my mum, all due to a cruel disease, and she was taken from me long ago. I have grieved that loss for years, have felt the heavy weight in my heart when I've wanted to ring her, so it makes logical sense that much of the grieving has already happened. I don't actually feel that I had a mum to miss on Sunday. I was just deeply sad that my mum had died. And that kind of seems to be it. Very matter of fact.

I will wait to see what happens... This is the calm, and the storm was the 10 days leading up to her death. That was relentless. That was unbearable. So it may take a little time, but I'm sure that I will feel something. After all, I loved that woman with all my heart, she was an amazing mum, an amazing person, and I owe her everything that I am...She was simply wonderful.

I have to feel something in that kind of loss....

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Having read your posts, the love and respect
you have for your mother shines through

I think you have had to deal with so
much emotion for so long that you are now in
overload at the moment - hence the feeling of
emotional void.

Thinking of you

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Annie, take it easy. Grieve however you want to grieve. No rights and wrongs. Sending you hugs. Deborah x

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Annie

So sorry to read of your mum,s passing,your family and u will be in my thoughts and prayers.Take care Marian xx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dearest Annie,
Do not, do not feel guilty.
You are in a little bubble of calm at the moment, which will evaporate in time.
You have already done a lot of grieving.
You will get around to grieving further for your dear mum when you are ready for it.
For now, "Matter of fact" is fine.
Take things very gently.
Thinking of you and sending love,
Nan XXX

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan