My mum is finally sleeping

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear All,

It is with much sadness that I must tell you my Beautiful Mum finally took her last breath this morning. At 6.20am, she finally fell asleep.

I was asleep myself when the call came, and all I feel now is a strange mixture of senses...the strongest of which is relief she no longer has to face this.

There is a wonderful sense of timing in mum's passing, since today is exactly 2 years since my Dad died. The chances of mum and dad both dying on the same day are unbelievable, so I take a great deal of comfort that Mum died today because she was meant to. She really is with Dad now.

Now I just feel a little lonely, a little sad, and a little in shock. But Mum must have taken Dad's out-strecthed hand...and as they were married in life on the same day, they are married in death on the same day.

Thank you all for your support. I feel writing this thread very surreal...and as I have read so many like it, it's unbelievable I am now writing my own.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Annie, what sad but beautiful post. May you take comfort that they are now walking hand in hand.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
How sad yet how lovely for your dear parents to be together again. It surely cannot be a coincidence for them to pass on the same day... that is totally surreal, they must have had an incredible bond.

You have my sympathy on your dear Mum's passing, expected or not it hurts terribly.
Take time out for yourself now, to think and remember the good times.

God bless you and our family and take care of each other at this difficult time.

xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear your news but how beautiful that she chose this day. I know exactly what you mean about it feeling surreal. Sending you my sincere condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come. x

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Annie,

Sending you and your family my condolences at the sad loss of your Mum.

I know only too well that feeling of relief that the struggle is finally over for your Mum, but also the deep sadness that you have lost your real Mum, and the disbelief that you are having to write this.

As you also say, how special that this is also the date you lost your dad - I am glad they are together again, and that the circle is complete.

Look after yourself, and thinking of you all xxx

Last edited:

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
dear annie so sorry to hear to hear that your mum passed away !! i know how you feel i was like that sending you lots of love as you did for me and i belive your dad came to take your mum back to be with him x

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Annie, I am so sorry to hear your very sad news about your mum.

Turbo

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Annie , Am so sorry to read your sad but beauitful Post , much sympathy to you & all your family especially your Husband & Sister

Sending much Love , Comfort & Peace to you Annie for today , the days & weeks to come

Love & BIG HUGS

Love Grove x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I'm so sorry to read your sad and beautiful words dear Annie. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your mum is free of her earthly bonds and has taken your dad's outstretched hand. Your parents were much loved and very loving as they leave a loving and loved family xxxx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Dear Annie,

What a beautiful post. We often look for signs that there is a life hereafter and the synchronicity of your mum's passing just confirms to me that nothing stops, it just continues on, out of sight of the ones left behind. How comforting to know that your mum and dad are together again.

I know what you mean about relief. I was so relieved when my dad passed after suffering from cancer for 2 years. Please take care of yourself at this time as releasing all the pent up emotions can make you more susceptable to colds and flu's etc.

You, your mum, and your family are in my thoughts.

Fiona
x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I take a great deal of comfort that Mum died today because she was meant to. She really is with Dad now.

Mum must have taken Dad's out-strecthed hand...

Annie, that is so beautiful, and a feeling that will bring you comfort in the days to come.

You were prepared for this, and have done everything possible to ease your mum's passing. She knew how much you loved her.

My blessings on your lovely mum, and prayers and hugs for you.

Love,

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Oh Annie.

So sorry for your loss.

So glad your Dad came to hold your Mum's hand so they can be together again.

Your post is so beautiful.

Thinking of you and your family in the coming hours, days, weeks and months and wishing you strength.

Please, please be kind and gentle to yourself now.

Fenners

May 5, 2010
Essex
Dear Annie,

I am so very sorry to read your sad but beautiful words.

How lovely to think that your wonderful and special parents are now together again .. holding hands.. I hope that somehow that thought helps to comfort you. How surreal but special that Mum waited until today to join your Dad... same day 2 years apart.. quite unbelievable.

You are very very much in my thoughts now and in the days to come Annie.

My love to you and all your family
xx

kazza73

Feb 11, 2009
Perthshire Scotland
Dearest Annie
I am sat here with tears flowing for you and for your mum. How lovely that your dad has come and taken your mum's hand and led her into the light on his anniversary.
I feel so sad for you that your mum is gone but share your relief that her struggles with dementia are over. She is now free to watch over you with your dad, I hope in the days and months to come you will feel their eternal love around you.
You have been so very brave on this journey, your parents will be so proud.
Sending you lots of love and peace at this sad time.
Karen xxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Annie, my tears are for you and yours, Mum does not need them, she is no longer suffering. I send you all, my love and my sympathy, and wish you peace and strength for the days to come. Maureen.x.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Annie,
It was with some trepidation that I switched on my computer this morning as my first thought was for you. Then I read your beautiful but sad post and realised everything was OK. Just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us and also to send my sincere condolences for your loss. Your parents were very special and will now always be together.
Lots of love, Jancis xxx

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
Dear Annie

It must give you great comfort to know that your mum and dad are together again. I know it helped me through when I lost my own mum in similar circumstances.

She is now at peace.

Love Roma xx

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
Dear Annie

Your mum is now at peace with your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Love Dibs (Deborah) xxx