My mum has gone

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
My mum aged 90 died at 5.00pm today. She had gone downhill fast following a virus and a UTI. I had stayed with her since 9.30am yesterday, but popped home for a quick shower but was able to say goodbye. My brother, who had not seen her for over 5 years came to see her with my sister-in-law. I think mum was waiting for him to come at the end, and for me to leave.
She is at peace now.

Charlottie

Aug 12, 2015
My mum aged 90 died at 5.00pm today. She had gone downhill fast following a virus and a UTI. I had stayed with her since 9.30am yesterday, but popped home for a quick shower but was able to say goodbye. My brother, who had not seen her for over 5 years came to see her with my sister-in-law. I think mum was waiting for him to come at the end, and for me to leave.
She is at peace now.

So sorry for your loss x

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Sorry to hear of your loss Peartrees.

I am glad your brother managed to get there. Your Mum will have held on for that.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
As you say
She is at peace now.
and at least your mother managed to say her final goodbyes with her son.

Allow yourself to feel whatever you need to and don't feel guilty if, as so many of us, you find you have done a great deal of grieving in the past and aren't as 'overwhelmed' as you expect to feel. Or if you do, be grateful that this will be the beginning of the final 'healing process'.

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
@Pear trees I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm glad though that your mum is at peace and that your brother was able to says his goodbyes.

Wishing you strength,

Helly11

Apr 24, 2017
Derby
Sincerest condolences to you and your family on your loss. As a previous poster has said, this will be a difficult time for you - dementia complicates the grieving process, as we have all already done so much of that. Be kind to yourself.

Scouts girl

Jan 18, 2017
So very sorry for your loss but mum is at peace now and free of this awful disease. Take comfort in that you did everything you could for your mum and hope that you, too, find peace as well. Lots of hugs to you xxx

Bassman.

Aug 31, 2015
Deepest sympathies to you and your family at your loss.
Your Mother has found Peace and may she Rest in Eternal Peace in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time/

PEACE BE WITH YOU !!!!!!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Pear trees, please accept my condolences. I'm so sorry.

For what it's worth, my father-in-law waited until he had seen each family member, and also for when he was alone, before he passed.

Thinking of you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN