My mum has Frontal Lobe Dementia

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by eford93, Oct 9, 2018.

1. eford93

eford93 New member

Oct 9, 2018
    Female
    Hi, I'm Emma and I'm new here. My mum has just turned 60 and has been diagnosed for 4 years. I'm 24 and my sister is 27. It can be so hard but just got to be grateful she is still here and safe. Sorry don't know what to say.

2. Amethyst59

Amethyst59 Registered User

Jul 3, 2017
    Female
    Kent
    Hello, @eford93 ...welcome to Talking Point. I’m so sorry to hear that your mum has a diagnosis at such a young age. You don’t have to make any huge statements! Just feel welcome to read through some threads, comment where you want, and then ask any questions as they come up. You will find that the members are really supportive and helpful.

3. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Hello @eford93, you are welcome here and I hope you find the forum to be a friendly and supportive place.

Do take a good look around the site as it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I read old threads for information but then found the AS Publications list and the page where a post code search can be done to check for support services in ones own area. If you are interested in these, clicking the following links will take you there

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

You will see that there are Factsheets that will help with things like getting care needs assessments, deciding the level of care required and sorting out useful things like Wills, Power of Attorney etc.