My Mum died yesterday

Devonmaid

Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
Dear old Mum lost the battle against pneumonia last night . She died in hospital following a hip operation ten days ago . The nurses, not really experienced with dementia patients , were wonderful with Mum , kind and caring . This forum helped me so much to understand this awful disease when Mum was first diagnosed and so a big thank you, I can barely believe she has gone .
Kate x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Kate,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Your experience sounds similar to ours - the nurses were lovely when my dad passed in hospital, although they were not specifically trained in dementia.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences. Izzy x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Devonmaid,

I am so sorry that your must has left this world and I can understand that you must be shell-shocked as it sounds like this happened suddenly.

Please accept my sincere condolences and I will be wishing you peace and strength as you face what lays ahead. We are all here for you should you have the need to talk:)

Love

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
My thoughts are with you Kate.I recently lost my mum too and didnt realise how hard it would be to adjust to life without her.

I hope you have a loving and supportive family.

HUgs xx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Kate,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, but glad to hear that your mum was well looked after by the nurses while in hospital.

Thinking of you and sending love, Nan XXX

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Kate,

I'm so sorry to learn that your mother has gone. You and your family have my deepest condolences on your loss.

It's good to hear that the nurses caring for her were kind and compassionate and that TP has been a source of support.

Take care,

Devonmaid

Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
Thank you all so very much . Today it has hit me that never again will I have to worry over Mums illness or future , it should be a relief , but it isnt , its a wacking great big hole . Mum began to get really bad about three years ago but , we realise now that her dementia started about 8 years ago when we thought she was just becoming vague and forgetful . Thank you again or all your lovely words x
Kate x

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Kate, I am sorry to hear that your Mum has died. Please look after yourself.

Turbo