My mother is moving into care home on Monday

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Juditutie, it`s so encouraging to read positive posts about introductions to care homes. It helps so many people who have doubts and fears. Thank you.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sazzle - I am really pleased that the move went well. Lets hope that this continues. Obviously you and your sister have carefully dealt with this and it has paid off. Well done both of you. Keep in touch and let us know how things go.
Best wishes Beckyjan

Sazzle

Apr 28, 2007
Derbyshire
Thanks for all your replys. The only thing that is bad at the moment is that the home have recommended we don't visit untill they think that mum has settled down enough. It's really tough, although we know it's for the best. Mum's home is just at the bottom of our road and it feels very strange to drive past knowing she's in there but I can't go in to give her a hug.
I know it won't be long but still, it's a very odd feeling. Someone asked how old my mum is. She's relatively young, her 75th birthday is at the end of this month. With her being so physically fit and her hair coloured, she looks like a teenager in there!!! Will post soon with more news. sazzle

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hi Sazzle

So pleased that it is going well for you all, the home sounds really nice.
Hope you continue to keep us updated and I hope your mum settles in very soon so you can start with the visits.

Take care bye for now
Janetruth x

blue sea

Aug 24, 2005
England
So pleased you rmum has settled in well. No doubt there will be some problems ahead (there always are!) but you have got over the worst hurdle, your mum coping with such a big change. You will soon be able to visit her. What a lovely image of the dog and the bananas!
Blue sea

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968