My memory is so bad. I have to stay in he ktchen now when I cook or I will forget I am cooking. Sometimes I will put something down then lose it.

csansun

Jan 25, 2021
I have to write everything important down. When I am in the kitchen cooking, and I have to stay in there the whole time I am cooking or I will FORGET I am cooking. Then often I will put something down and lose whatever I just put down.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @csansun welcome to DTP, you'll find lots of friendly support and advice here. It's a good idea to write things down if it helps you. My mum was often misplacing things and hopefully you have someone who can give you a bit of a hand at home to help find things if you need it?

csansun

Jan 25, 2021
Yes here in Jamaica, at home I have help twice a week. I used to be in charge of Chess at my senior center now I cannot even win a game, My mental faculties are really not what they used to be. Not sure what is wrong. My mother had Lewy Body Dementia,
Thanks for your response.

BluTinks

Dec 7, 2018
Yes here in Jamaica, at home I have help twice a week. I used to be in charge of Chess at my senior center now I cannot even win a game, My mental faculties are really not what they used to be. Not sure what is wrong. My mother had Lewy Body Dementia,
Thanks for your response.
hi Jamaica,
would love to get there once again!!!!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @csansun. Have you sought medical advice about your memory? Please don`t presume just because your mother had Lewy Body Dementia you have it too. There may be lots of other reasons for your memory loss and you will not know for sure until you get medical help.

Please see a doctor and let us know how you get on.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Hello @csansun. I have the same experiences as you. It's worrying, isn't it? I hope you have someone to talk to about it. There could be many causes so it's best to consult your GP. In the meantime you're doing the right thing by writing things down. I find that a great help. Good luck!