my mans frughtened me to death

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sunday afternoon granchild answered phone and said somethings wrong with grandad, the respite home said trev has had a siezure and fit fallen and cut his head open he was on his way to hospital, my mind ran riot, but to be honest did not panic, somehow i am strong at these times or is the adrenaline, heart rate down to 40 thats very low, trying to get him to have an mri scan impossible, sat up all night litening to monitor beeping, nexy patient suffering alcholic dementia and was grabbing through curtain and swearing all night, but
my heart just went out to this sad old man, because some of his habits reminded me of trevs. So glad i stayed trev wet bed 3 occasions if i had not been there sure no on e would have noticed, bit of a mix up with meds but once they realised i was polite but assertive as far as trevs care is concerned, they could not have given him better care in a private hospital and all the staff were great but just over streched, Trev looks to have come through this unscathed if you know what i mean, thank god i what the home saysam not totally convinced it was a siezure but that is what the home says but he is flirting flashing those baby blues nurses falling at his feet thats my man, just glad i had that frivolous rest day on Sat am shattered now, do i ope the bottle or not, yes i will my trevs still here thats worth celebrating pam

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Pam

What a terrible shock for you, just as you were beginning to relax, too.:(

Don't worry too much about the seizure too much. John has had a couple, and recovered completely, and I know Connie's Lionel has them too.

If it's a one-off, they don't do anything, but if they recur, there is medication for them. John's not on it, it's a while since he had a seizure. He usually gets them when he has an infection.

Is Trev still in hospital? It would be good if they would keep him a while to get him stabilised. Wouldn't be much of a respite for you though, there's nothing so tiring as hospital visiting.

I hope you have better news in the morning.

Love,

PS don't worry about the typing, I'm hopeless!

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Pam,

What a terrible shock!

Glad that things are a bit more settled now and Trev is getting the care he needs.

Sunday afternoon granchild answered phone and said somethings wrong with grandad, the respite home said trev has had a siezure and fit fallen and cut his head open he was on his way to hospital, my mind ran riot, but to be honest did not panic, somehow i am strong at these times or is the adrenaline, heart rate down to 40 thats very low, trying to get him to have an mri scan impossible ...

The slow heartbeat (bradycardia) must have been very worrying. It is often mentioned as a side effect of Aricept, but Trev has been on Aricept for some time hasn't he - with no previous side effects? Another side effect of Aricept is something called syncope, where people lose consciousness and it can be mistaken for a seizure.

Hopefully they will get to the bottom of this soon.

Take care,

living in hope

Dec 14, 2008
yorkshire
Hi Pam
Hope Trev is ok, it must have been very upsetting to get a call like that.
Let us know how he goes on, how are you now?
Love
Lorraine

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Pam

When I saw the title of your thread, I was frightened to death:eek: I am so pleased that there is no lasting damage Pam and that Trev is flirting with the nurses and you are flirting with a bottle of red;)

Sending love and sighing with relief:)

janeymouse

Jan 1, 2007
London
babe, i have just opened a bottle of white, just enough to take the edge off but not enough to stop me doing what i have to do tomorrow!!!

take it easy xxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Pam

I`m sorry you had such a fright but glad in a way it happened in respite care where there were more people to take care of him till the ambulance came. It would have been terrible for you if it had happened when you were alone with him at home.
I hope they keep him in long enough to find the cause.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Pam..

What a fright you must have had....

I hope they manage to find the cause soon..or that it was just a one off.

No doubt you'll be visiting Trev today....hope you find him comfortable and cared for.

Love xx

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckdf1234