My Man has escaped from the hell of dementia.

Windy28

Jan 8, 2020
My world has collapsed. My darling man died on Tuesday morning. I am ripped apart.Can't put into words yet. Just needed to let you all know.How will I survive this.

I am so sorry, God bless you.

KazD

Feb 26, 2020
My world has collapsed. My darling man died on Tuesday morning. I am ripped apart.Can't put into words yet. Just needed to let you all know.How will I survive this.
I am so sorry. I share in your pain.Keep strong, he would want that.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Hi @marshal

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I know exactly what you're going through as I lost my lovely wife in January. The current crisis compounds our grief by enforcing levels of isolating that we could well do without.

Just as many folk are exchanging virtual hugs etc, I hope this forum will in some way help you through this awful time.

Kindest regards
Phil

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry for your loss.
Please be gentle with yourself now
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Dear Marshall, I am so sad for you, it is so devastating. Do not try to be brave, rave and cry. These times are making it so much harder. My heart goes out to you. X

Suzy C

Sep 16, 2019
I am so very, very sorry. Do not try to figure out how to get through the next day or week, just concentrating on getting to the next minute, then the next and breathe - all you can do. I am sending you a virtual hug.

Ferrit44

Apr 1, 2020
Liverpool
I’m so sorry for your loss, keep the best parts of your husband and the love you shared always in your heart, and perhaps time will heal.

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
I can’t begin to appreciate the hell you’re going through. I have my own private hell because my wife is slipping away in a home and there’s no way I can comfort her.

The love you felt for your OH is oh so very precious and I’ve had the privilege of experiencing love with my wife that I never thought I would receive in my lifetime. The more you love someone the more it hurts. At the moment I feel I would give away my life if by some magic it would restore her. Silly I know but I think these things .

im here should want to unload at any time. Day by day perhaps we just need to just stumble through them.

all my best wishes and to say sorry from the bottom of my heart

peter

marshal

Sep 6, 2017
I thank each and everyone of you lovely people for sending me your thoughts and messages. My feelings are all over the place just now. I thought I would feel at least a little relief at my mans escape from his tormented life, but sadly not. Apart from my overwhelming pain of grief the guilt monster looms large in my thoughts. It is all so hard to deal with.I am constantly in tears and find this self isolation very easy at the moment because I feel unable to face anybody at all.I was blessed to be able to spend the last days with George holding his hand and giving him comfort. As traumatic as that was I will be for ever grateful for that . Life goes on ...We all know that , but just right now mine has come to a complete halt. I am sinking into a pit of despair. Thank you again JUST FOR BEING THERE.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
It’s very hard and with every thing else we are dealing with at the moment it more than likely feels impossible. Please keep posting and using the forum and it’s lovely members for the support you need at this time.

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
My condolences on your loss Marshal. I know exactly how you feel. My OH passed away on March 13th. I am still in shock. Somedays I forget & think he's still in the hospital. I'm not sleeping very well & always wake up crying. I am trying to structure my day & keep my self busy. Not always working.