My Man has escaped from the hell of dementia.

marshal

Sep 6, 2017
My world has collapsed. My darling man died on Tuesday morning. I am ripped apart.Can't put into words yet. Just needed to let you all know.How will I survive this.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
@marshal I'm so sorry to read your news.

Understandably you will be distraught. I'm glad you've shared here as you will get lots of help and support - I know I did when my husband died.

Please keep posting.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
such sad news @marshal
thank you for telling us
many here understand your heartbreak
you will find your way through, honest ... right now let the sadness flow, you have every right to feel as you do
keep posting if it helps, folk here will support you

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Yes we understand. It is truly a double edged sword. Dementia is unbearable but so too is the loss of someone we have loved. I have relived my husbands last days much more than the years of his Alzheimer’s. Time doesn’t necessarily heal but it does ease the pain.

So sad for you.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Can I offer my sincere condolences @marshal. I can understand your overwhelming feelings of grief, it must feel impossible at the moment. You must grieve in your own time. Do you have any support? Anyone that you can speak to? We are here to support you if we possibly can. Be kind to yourself.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@marshal please accept my condolences. The world has fallen from under your feet. You will survive this, even though it doesn't seem possible at the moment. Now is your time to grieve. I'm so very sorry.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
So sorry for your loss @marshal. Remember the happy times with your husband. You will survive but you'll need to grieve first. Look after yourself.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am so sorry for your loss @marshal .

Don't look too far ahead - one day at a time is all I could manage. It is a long haul but I found I got through it thanks to the support I received here and from friends and family.

For now, let yourself grieve in whichever way way feels right. We will be here whenever you need us