1. JackyS

JackyS Registered User

Mar 14, 2010
    Cheshire
    Just wanted to share that my lovely Mum died on 23 February. Her funeral is tomorrow.

She was 93 and lived a good 7 or so years after her diagnosis of Alzheimers and vascular dementia - most of the last 4.5 years in a care home and the last few weeks in a nursing home.

We were so lucky a the dementia didn't change her core personality and she remained polite and smiley right up to the end.

I am so proud of her. My dad died 25 years ago and she coped with suddenly having to live on her own, made new friends, found a charity job - and then moved home to be near me about 13 years ago. Again, she just got on with it - ended up working in 2 local charity shops, made more new friends and kept a lovely, modern flat.

I have missed her more and more as each year has passed, but still find myself unprepared for this final goodbye.

Thank you to for all the support and advice I've found here on this site over the years. You have been life-savers - literally - at times, and even when I've not actually posted, I've gained so much wisdom from other posts.

You are all such special people - thank you so much xxx

2. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hello JackyS
    sad news; my condolences
    what you write of your mum is a wonderful elegy; she was quite a woman
    I hope the funeral tomorrow goes as you hope it will

I agree with you about TP and its members; it's a true help and life line

go gently and be kind to yourself

3. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    So sorry to hear of your mum's passing, JackyS. She sounds like a true lady, and I'm sure you will miss her terribly. My condolences to you on your loss.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Talking Point mobile app

4. Ladytuck

Ladytuck Registered User

Mar 6, 2017
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your mum. It's very clear how much you loved her and she would be proud of you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

5. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

6. SisterAct

SisterAct Registered User

Hi JackyS
    So sorry to hear about your Mum.
    Thinking of you and your family today as you say your goodbyes, she will always be with you in spirit.
    We know at this moment in time how devastated you must be but the lovely memories will eventually overtake the sad ones.
    Take care
    Luv
    Barb and Pol
    xx

7. Louby65

Louby65 Registered User

Mar 26, 2014
    Scotland
    What a dreadfully sad day for you JackyS. My sincerest condolences to you and your family . I hope today , although sad , gave people the chance to give thanks for knowing what you have described as a very remarkable woman . Take care and be kind to yourself in the coming days and months as you work through your grief . You never forget those who are truly unforgettable . Best wishes . Lou

8. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
  9. Babymare01

Babymare01 Registered User

Apr 22, 2015
    I am so sorry for your loss but what shouts from your post is your love and admiration of your wonderful mum. Please look after yourself .hugs xx

10. Marcelle123

Marcelle123 Registered User

Love & best wishes to you, JackieS, during this sad time. You & your Mum sound to have had a very special relationship.

11. caqqufa

caqqufa Registered User

Jun 4, 2016
    My sincere condolences JackyS. When you love a lot you hurt a lot too, so may you find the strength to go through the grief. Be proud of your experience with your mum and hope that you will follow her example and will be able to fill the void a loved one leaves. xxxxxx