My lovely Mum x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
10277063_10203525234482454_4727528598804442227_n.jpgI am sad to have to share with you that my wonderful Mum died in her sleep in the early hours of this morning. I am glad, for her sake, that once her quality of life deteriorated so rapidly over the last couple of weeks, she didn't linger too long and suffer. And my lovely sister, Moira, is looking after her now. They are probably already planning which cloud to sit on to get the best view of Wimbledon Tennis - which they both adored!

I wondered if I should post about this here and elsewhere, but two things decided me.

One is that so many of you have given me much valued support and cared enough to ask after Mum over the years and so I wanted you to know. Thank you

Secondly, whenever I told Mum that I had posted a picture of her on the Internet (either on FB or here) to share with her fans - that really amused and intrigued her. I often passed back comments to her that people made.

So here's to Mum, she will be hugely missed, join me tonight to raise a glass to her of your favourite tipple ... Mum's was gin or whisky - I will be toasting her in a nice fruity Merlot. The pictures are from a couple of the times when I sneaked her out of Marlborough Lodge, where she spent the last couple of years, down to the local pub - she loved that :)

Cheers Mum, love you so much xx

PS - that gin was a double, at her request!

Attachments

• 541951_10203330379971213_1925639530_n.jpg
    541951_10203330379971213_1925639530_n.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you Celia. I'm glad your mum's passing was peaceful.

The photos are beautiful - an amazing lady. I'm toasting her in Sauvignon Blanc tonight! x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your lovely mum. We are never ready for this final step, but I wish you strength for the future.

Love J xx

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Sincerest condolences on your loss Celia but pleased your Mum's passing was peaceful and that her suffering was not prolonged. Beautiful photos, I have a cup of tea beside me so will toast with that if that's OK.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I raise my whisky to Celia's mum, may she find a soft comfortable cloud [the none raining sort] directly above SW19. Take care Celia.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I am so sorry to hear of your lovely mum' s passing Celia, I loved the photos you posted of her, and to read that her favourite tipple was a gin, a lady after my own heart. I will certainly raise a glass for her tonight. My dad enjoyed a good slurp of a double g and t as well as Wimbledon, so no doubt he will be welcoming her too, glass in hand xxx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Celia I am sorry to hear about your lovely mum, Please accept my sympathy

Last edited:

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Oh Celia.
Your bonny little Mum.
So very sorry to hear this, glad it was peaceful for her.
A long life well lived.

The thought of her and your darling sister reunited is enchanting.

I wish you peaceful thoughts and happy memories to carry you through the darkest days and nights.

Loads of love, Gwen XXX

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh Celia, your post has brought tears to my eyes, but I want you to know that whenever I saw a photo of your mum she always brought a smile to my face :). She looked like a lovely and very much loved lady. My first thought when I saw your post title was "Oh no, not Celia's mum."

I'm afraid that I don't drink but I will have an extra large bowl of crisps this evening in her honour!

Much love xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Celia, I am so very sorry to read of your mother's passing. I am so glad that it was peaceful though, in your sleep must be the best way to die. She seemed an amazing and lovely lady and looked so much younger than her years. My heartfelt sympathy. xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using Talking Point

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Sorry to read that your mum has died. Thank you for posting a photo of her, she looked lovely.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm very sorry for your loss Celia. Your photos reminded me a little of my own mother. I am so glad your mother's passing was peaceful. Sending you kind thoughts at this sad time. x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bottomls