My lovely mum has gone

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
My mother who I loved to bits and who I know loved us back sadly died this morning. As some of you know she had been in hospital for a few weeks bring treated for a nasty UTI and she had got over that and we were ready for discharge tomorrow into a lovely nursing home near to all of us, her children but on Friday when I went into visit her she'd picked a nasty gastroenteritis bug, they shut the ward down yesterday as other patients and staff had picked it up and we weren't allowed to go in. but my sister just felt she should ring last night and they were just going to ring us to say we'd better go in. We couldn't get hold of my brother who was out but we dashed up and she was poorly but rallied when we were they talking to her, she was smiling at us, and her blood pressure came back up and her temperature was notrmal so at 11.00pm we left to get some sleep. I phoned this morning and was told she was comfortable so i went up by 9.30 but didn't think she was right so again got my sister up and my brother, left Mum while they were washing her and turning her and when we went back in she had just gone, quietly and peacefully. I sat there on my own this morning and held her hand, told her I loved her and that if she felt it was time to go then she should go and meet up with Dad to go dancing into eternity. And so my lovely lovely mum has gone and though there's release she's free from this dementia it was so hard to let her go.

Jude

Mum 87 Birthday 006.jpg

<My Mum on her 87th birthday in May of this year

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Jude, I am so very sorry to read this about your mum. What a dreadful shock for you. My sincere condolences.

turbo

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
So sorry to hear of your mum passing away. My condolences to you and the family. x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Jude I'm so sorry to read this news. No matter how unwell someone is it's still a shock when they pass away. I'm glad you were able to at least see her in the hours leading up to her passing. I'm sure she took comfort from knowing you and the others in your family were there.

That's a lovely picture to have as a reminder of your lovely mum.

Sending my condolences and wishing you strength for the days to come. x

Ellie315

Jun 29, 2011
I'm so sorry for you and your family for your loss. I am heartened that you have good, loving memories to look back on.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Jude50,

So sorry to hear about your Mum - as you say, a release from the dementia, but so hard to let her go.

I'm glad she was peaceful and that the three of you were able to be with her on her journey.

My condolences to you and your family xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I am so sorry Jude. I felt such a shock when I read your notice, it was so unexpected.
Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences. xx

geum123

May 20, 2009
Oh Jude,
I have cried to read this. What an awful, awful shock,
though I am glad that you were all able to see her and that her passing was peaceful.

You are all in my thoughts.
Wishing you strength in the coming days.
Love Geum xxx

sonia owen

Hi Jude,

So sorry to hear that your dear mum has gone. She will be dancing with your dad. Hope you and your family can smile when you talk and think about her during the next few days.
Be strong, thinking of you across the water.
Take care.
Love Sonia xxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jude,

I, too, am so sad that your mum has passed out of this world but glad to read that it was peaceful and painfree for her. It was also a blessing to you that you were able to be close by so to speak.

Please accept my sincere condolences Jude and I will be wishing you peace and strength for the time ahead of you.

Love

Pammy

Jan 1, 2012
Hi Jude
So sorry for your sad loss your mum looked so sweet you will miss her dearly, but try to remember the good times.

Lots of love Pammy

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
So sorry to hear about your lovely Mum. We are thinking of you all and hoping you find the strength for the days ahead.
What a lovely photo to cherish.
Luv
Polly x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Oh Jude, I'm so very sorry. What a shock for you and your family. It's made me cry too. Thinking of you in the days to come. Bless you and your dear mum xxxx

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
I'm sorry for your loss Jude, she looked so lovely in that photo with the boys.

Please accept my condolences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL