My lovely Mom

lady in black

Oct 18, 2013
Leeds, W Yorks
Hia everyone, I am so pleased that I am able to talk to other people about this. My Mom was diagnosed with early Alzheimers last year. She is 80 this year and my Dad is 85. They live in Nottingham, I live in Leeds. They are both a very active couple despite their ages and this diagnosis is so unfair. My Dad is has already gone on a course of 'how to be a carer' bless him. I am trying to do as much as I can and always will. I have just heard about the benefits of coconut oil, and just wondered if anyone could offer me any advise on this. Thank you so muchxxx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Afternoon, lady in black, and a warm welcome to Talking Point, so pleased you have found us and you will find much support and understanding here, from us as carers and people who care, always so sad when the person we know changes, all can be ok for weeks or months, then bang all seems so confusing not only for them but for us as well, so sorry your mum is now part of this exclusive club:( please do keep posting whenever you want, there is usually someone around who does have a gem of an idea! I have put in the link to coconut oil and hope you find this of help
Take care and best wishes to you and dad
Chris x
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/show...oil&p=823184&highlight=Coconut+oil#post823184