My lovely mim

Shirley60

Aug 21, 2021
My lovely mum sadly died 20th july with aspiration and dementia it's still very raw but I hope shes at peace now after a year in care home my dad is heartbroken after 62 years marriage and watching your partner deteroiate before you is heart breaking he cared for her till he could no longer cope and then we placed her in care home such a distressing time for all it's TRUE you lose them to dementia but the grief now is terrible that she has passed is awful for us all please use all the time you have with loved ones

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read of your loss @Shirley60. It really is heartbreaking.

Sending my condolences and wishing you and your dad strength.

Rosalind297

Oct 14, 2017
I’m so sorry Shirley. It doesn’t matter how prepared you think you are, it is utterly devastating when you lose your loved one in such a way. I sat with my Mum for ten solid days before she died in her care home and everyone told me not to feel guilty if I felt relief that she was out of her suffering when it happened. I never did feel relief just overpowering sadness. I hope you find the strength to support you Dad. Condolences.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Wishing you strength to help you get through this. x x