1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

My lovely man has passed away

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by mabbs, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

2. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    So very sorry to read this sad news. Sending deepest sympathy to you and your family. May you all find peace and comfort.

3. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    So sad top hear you news mabbs. Pleased to hear that you family are being so supportive. G L

4. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    #44 lin1, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    So sorry. Sending you my condolences.
    image.jpg

5. beverrino

beverrino Registered User

Jan 12, 2015
    so sorry to hear this mabbs and your lovely family. Sending you hugs and much sympathy xx

6. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Mabbs, Mabbsdaughter and son - so very sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength for the painful times ahead as you grieve his loss and support each other.

7. Tiller Girl

Tiller Girl Registered User

May 14, 2012
    That's so very sad to hear. Sending my condolences to you and your family. At least he's at peace now. X

8. chelsea girl

chelsea girl Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    Big hugs mabbs, crying my eyes out at ur sad post. My sincere condolences. God bless xx

9. Roses40

Roses40 Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    manchester
    I would like to add my sincere condolences to you and yours. Wishing you strength and love. Rose x

10. disi

disi Registered User

Sending my sincere condolences and love to you and all your family. God give you strength over this period. xxx

11. brambles

brambles Registered User

Sep 22, 2014
    Female
    NW England
    So very, very sorry mabbs. x

12. pony-mad

pony-mad Registered User

May 23, 2014
    Mid-Wales
    Dear Mabbs,
    I was so sorry to read your sad news. Please accept my condolences.
    Phil is at peace now; how lovely he was able to ruffle your hair as a farewell! Wishing you and your children strength to support each other. Much love G x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

13. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Oh Mabbs, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. I know that knowing our men are no longer suffering is supposed to be some consolation. Well, it may be - some. But it's not much, is it?
    Blessings to you in the coming weeks. xx

14. count2ten

count2ten Registered User

Dec 13, 2013
    To Mabbs and family, so sorry to hear such sad news, and such a sudden shock for you all. Please accept my sincere condolences and sympathy, sending you love and strength xxxx

15. NanLorac

NanLorac Registered User

May 14, 2012
    Female
    Scotland
    So sorry to hear your news Mabbs. Sending my condolences to you and your family. xx

16. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    I am so sorry to read this mabbs and mabbs daughter and my condolences to you and your family. Wishing you all strength as you support each other through this sad time. Take care x

17. mackie

mackie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    So sorry to hear your news, wishing you the strength to support each other during this difficult time. x

18. Caz60

Caz60 Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    Lancashire
    My sincere condolences to you and yours at this very sad time ,caring thoughts and hugs are sent to you .xx

19. Grace L

Grace L Registered User

Jun 14, 2014
    NW UK
    I am so sorry xxxx
    Love to you and your family xxxx

20. yasmin0212

yasmin0212 Registered User

Sep 9, 2015
    Oh Mabbs,
    How terribly sad, a moving post.
    xx