My lovely father has died

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Friends,

Those of you who have followed my "Update on my Mum and Dad" thread will know that my Dad was taken very poorly recently.

He died peacefully late this afternoon and it was my great privilege to be with him.

My mother remains in the psychiatric unit of the local hospital and I will take advice from her consultant about how best to handle breaking the news to her in her currently very agitated state.

Thank for all your support.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ah Fiona - I'm so sorry. I know it wasn't unexpected but it's always hard.

I'm wondering - is it necessary to tell your mother? I know it seems deceitful but if telling her is going to distress her AND she won't remember maybe it could be avoided. Just a thought anyway.

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Fiona, what can I say. My heart goes out to you, and mum, of course.

Thank you for thinking to bring us up to date, albeit with such sad news.
Peaceful thoughts xxxrose.GIF

Take care of yourself, and give yourself time to grieve before you throw yourself back into the caring role, if you can.

Love,

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Dear Fi Fi, so sorry to hear that , please take some comfort that his suffering is over , i kow it has been a very hard time for you , dealing with mum and dads illnesses. My heart goes out to you having to break the news to mum , take care . luv n` hugs,Angela. xxx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh Fiona, I'm really sorry to hear your news. You did so much for your dad and he was lucky to have you as a daughter.Sending you and your family very sincere condolences, and kindest regards. Deborah x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Fiona...

Just read your news and am so sorry..
I too felt privileged to be with my dad at the end..hoping your mum will be ok..
My condolences and best wishes to you and you family..

Love Gigi xx

Last edited:

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Fiona,

I am sorry to hear about your dad passing away.

Deepest Sympathy, Love Taffy.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Fifi

Terribly sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and all your family.

I echo what Jennifer has said - do you really need to tell Mum?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Fifi

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your father. It was good that you were able to be with him at the end.

It's such a hard time for you, with your mum so ill. I'd echo the others, and suggest not telling her. If you do, and she forgets, she's going to have so many upsetting times over the next few months. But of course you know your mum best.

Take care of yourself now, and try not to do too much. You need your strength.

Love,

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Dear Fiona

(((((((hugs))))))

Words are not enough at a time like this. Like you I was lucky enough to be allowed to be with my Dad when he died, something I have always been "glad" about.

I do not know what is best for your Mum but I am sure that you will find the least painful solution for her. Your Dad would understand.

Thoughts are with you and your family

Love

Mameeskye

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Sorry to hear your news, Fiona. I am in a similar position and was so "grateful" I was able to be with Dad at the end.

I haven't told Mum and don't intend to, although she somehow knows.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976