My lovely dad has gone

Willowgill

Mar 29, 2008
South Yorkshire
He passed away at 7pm tonight peacefully in his sleep. Sadly no one was with him at the time but I had been there a couple of hours earlier and also this morning. The hospital had discharged him back to the care home on Wed so I was able to spend time sitting with him in his room, talking to him and having his favourite music on his ipod quietly in the background over the last few days. I'm so grateful for this time to be able to say goodbye and also for other family members to see him. The staff at the carehome could not have been better and I know will be upset. He was 89 and had had a good life, enjoying it to the full until the latter years, we will all miss him. We have decided not to tell Mum - there is no sense distressing her only for her to forget, she has not asked where he is and I prefer to let her think he is still at home. Gill

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I am so sorry. You know a lot of people (my mother among them) seem to wait until they are alone to go. I think you're also wise not to tell your mother.

Take care

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
so sorry Gill it was good you could spend the last few days with your dad in good surroundings please accept my condolences love larivy

TrustmeMum

Aug 19, 2010
Poole, Dorset
Very sorry to hear your news. It must be a consolation to know he had a long and, for the most part, happy life and died peacefully.

Sadness now is with you and others who loved and miss him - he's at peace.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Please accept my condolences

I think you are right not to tell your mum,it wont b easy for you but easier for ypur mum
xxx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
So sorry for your loss Gill...as jennifer said, some people seem to chose to wait to die until relatives have left...so good that you have been able to spend time with dad. Take care over the coming days.
Love Helen

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My deepest sympathies at the loss of your Dad. A wise decision regarding your Mum but then it seems doubly tough for you.

Take care of yourself now.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Gill

Glad you managed to get your dad back to the care home and spend some time with him over the past few days. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Fiona

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Please accept my sincere condolences. I am so glad you were able to spend so much time with your dad at the care home before he died, this will be a comfort to you in the times ahead. Wishing you peace and strength for the future,
sleepless.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Hi Willowgill,

I am glad he was peaceful, and that you were able to enjoy some good moments with him in these last few days.

Best wishes x

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Gill,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

Take care,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Gill,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my sincere condolences.

Love