"My love for two women"

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I wonder how many of our Alzheimer's Society members read the article in this months SHARE magazine, and realized that this was about our Brucie.

For those who do not receive the magazine, briefly the article tells of Bruce and Jan's struggle through long years of the illness, the utter despair Bruce felt when he could no longer care for Jan at home, and further despair at loosing the "essential" Jan to this illness.......Goes on to tell of his very good fortune to find Nina and love, and together now they both 'care' for Jan and each other.

Bruce wrote with such frankness, about such a difficult subject, and I feel we should all be very grateful that such views can be aired.

I have already had such a positive response from this article, as a daughter who read this says she can now understand a little of what her father was going through......it is helping them to build a bridge. So on their behalf I say "thank you" to Bruce. He also managed to plug Talking Point as a lifeline to others.
What a star he is.

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hi Connie

Yes I agree. It's a truly amazing article. Honest and heartfelt. We have some wonderful people here on TP, coping with such difficult situations. (And Connie, I include you in that, having just read your post about Lionel and the cup of tea).

Best wishes.

:)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
yes it's a lovely article and I'm sure it must give strength and hope to so many others
Wendy

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
I've just been and read it and am so pleased to read that Brucie has someone to share his life with

Libs

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
I'd really like to rad this article by Bruce. Can anyone direct me to it on the 'net, please?
Nell

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Hi Brucie,
I've just read the article and it's quite beautiful.

It's lovely to know that you've found someone to share your life with.

Take care,
Elaine

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Good Friends

I have outlined many times how " friends" vanish whan AD arrives.
I also said that we lose many so called friends but gain some very good new ones.
I number Bruce amongst my friends we have met a few times,we have supported each other with PMs many times in times of black despair.
Bruce deserves the happiness that he has found,I am very pleased for him.
Anyone who knows Bruce will know of the devotion that he has shown and still shows for Jan.
There are a great many special people in this Talking Point family Bruce is one of them.Best Wishes
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Norman, I could echo your post "word for word".

I too have been fortunate enough to meet Bruce, and through Talking Point over the past couple of years, and realise just how devoted to Jan he is.

I am so, so pleased he is able to move a little forward in his life, as he now has Nina to help him. God bless all three of them.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Yes we received the mag and I recognised Brucie - it is a lovely article and I truly admire the way he has dealt with his love for Jan and Nina. We all need a way through this difficult journey. Good wishes to all Beckyjan