My life- without the one I love

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Cat and Izzy

I used my 'awake time' to do some more decorating!

I hope everyone has as good a day as possible

Love

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thinking of you today Lyn.
Remember Pete today but as well as remembering the sad day you lost him, which you inevitably will, remember all the good times you enjoyed together too. That is what is important - the life you shared for so long.
You have accomplished so much in the year that has passed. New home, new location, new friends - and new walks for Billy and Cindy!
You have been so brave and amazing.
Sending love and a big hug. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Celia, Saffie, disi and Scarlett

You all have your own problems/grief so I really do appreciate your thoughts and best wishes

Love,

Lyn T XX

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Kassy. My friend has just left-waiting for friend number two who is coming at 1.30pm. My friends from Bournemouth have sent me a wonderful bouquet to let me know that both Pete and I are in their thoughts. They were superb pals as they supported us so well.

A sobering conversation with my visitor this morning; she has been married twice-never happily. Out of the 25 years that Pete and I were together he was ill for nearly 9 BUT even if Pete had only been well for one of those years it still would have been worth it. We packed a lot into our time together. In a strange way I feel blessed. Those good years, and the memories, will always stay with me.

Love to you all

Lyn T XX

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you Kassy. My friend has just left-waiting for friend number two who is coming at 1.30pm. My friends from Bournemouth have sent me a wonderful bouquet to let me know that both Pete and I are in their thoughts. They were superb pals as they supported us so well.

A sobering conversation with my visitor this morning; she has been married twice-never happily. Out of the 25 years that Pete and I were together he was ill for nearly 9 BUT even if Pete had only been well for one of those years it still would have been worth it. We packed a lot into our time together. In a strange way I feel blessed. Those good years, and the memories, will always stay with me.

Love to you all

Lyn T XX

Aren't people kind. :) I had lunch with an ex neighbour today, we were never particularly close, but have been lunching monthly, since John died. She got in touch, after hearing from another neighbour, and she is also a widow.

Today she offered to go with me to the Crematorium in a fortnight, isn't that kind. I said I'd got my day planned, having my hair done, then to the Crem, then Funny Girl, and I'd be fine, but that was so kind.

Your friends from Bournemouth are so thoughtful. I hope you "got through" the day. xxx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It's very good to hear that you have such wonderful memories and great friends Lyn.

I hope the rest of the day has not been too hard for you.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope today hasn't been as bad as you had feared. It sounds like you had some good friends come to visit, and no doubt you shed a tear or two (or more).

Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully you will have some smiles with Billy (I can still picture him at the vets and it makes me laugh) and Cindy (who I hope is better now).

Keep your chin up, life will get easier, I'm sure.

Sending hugs from me and licks from Dougal :D

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Everyone. I survived; a bit more bruised and battered but I did it. Very difficult. I did decide to be on my own this Xmas and New Year but my Dau/SIL and Grandson are insisting on coming down for Xmas, so as well as wallpapering and painting I am decorating the house for Xmas. I haven't put decorations up since 2012 and then Pete took the decorations off the tree and smashed them. So this year I have got two trees for my Grandson and three 'Santa please stop here' signs- GS was concerned that he wasn't staying in his own house and Santa wouldn't know where he was:):)

A friend has insisted that I go for a pub meal with her and her Husband for New Year. So time to nail that smile on my face. However, at the risk of sounding really ungrateful, the loneliness remains a constant-even when surrounded by people. I miss Pete terribly.

I hope that people who have lost a loved one, especially to the vile disease that is Dementia, get through the Xmas period as well as possible, and those who are still caring have as peaceful a time as they can.

I will be thinking of you all.

Love

Lyn T XX

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Well done Lynn I feel for you, I didn't want a tree but daughter persuaded me to and I know the feeling of being lonely when the house is full of people, I put on a brave face, maybe too brave, but we have proved how strong we are so when we are alone we can be ourselves,

I hope Christmas goes well for you,

Love jeany xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope your Christmas is a special one, with your grandson especially but I know Pete will be beside you all the time.
New Year's Eve has always been a bit of a downer for me and the jollity so often seems feigned. I'll be tucked up in bed and wishing Jules Holland would just go to someone else's party once in a while!
it is kind of your friends to ask you though and I hope it is a worthy of your smile.
Love to you at this difficult time. xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I hope your Christmas is a special one, with your grandson especially but I know Pete will be beside you all the time.
New Year's Eve has always been a bit of a downer for me and the jollity so often seems feigned. I'll be tucked up in bed and wishing Jules Holland would just go to someone else's party once in a while!
it is kind of your friends to ask you though and I hope it is a worthy of your smile.
Love to you at this difficult time. xxx
With you on New Year's Eve. I've always hated it. Probably because I was a single mum until dau was 9, so was always alone. Except one New Year's Eve I was with her real dad, and that was lovely. But since then, I've hated it. I usually ignore it - and thankfully, being in the country, I don't hear the fuss.

Remember the big hoo-haa about the Millenium Bug? How all the computers were going to break down at midnight on NYE and all the lights would go out, and there would be basically destruction all around, and the end of the world as we knew it? Or, TEOTWAWKI as it went around at the time! That New Year's Eve, dau, who was mid-teens at the time, insisted I stay up to see a new Millenium in. As midnight approached I happened to look out our kitchen window - from where I normally can see lights of various farms, the local farmery-supply place security lights, and in the distance, across the bay, the lights of the town where dau now lives. But that night - total darkness!! :eek: Not so much as a pinprick of light to be seen anywhere!! Dau looked at me, shocked, and said "It can't be, can it? Surely, all that hysteria in the newspapers couldn't have been true!" - but then both of us realised that our lights were on! Madly curious, we phoned friends in the town across the bay to say Happy New Year - and ask if their lights were on! They were. All that had happened was that a bank of very thick fog had moved in in the valley around our house - thick enough that not a single light penetrated it! :D:D I told dau that I could just imagine God up there rolling around laughing at his joke!:D

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Lyn T

I too am glad you wont be alone at Christmas, I think Pete would be too. It can't take the loss away of course but can lessen the sense of it, which is heightened by Christmas, when others share your loss in some way by caring for you.

Thinking of you with love my friend
Suexxx:)