My life- without the one I love

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I can't even finish this sideboard thingy as I need someone to hold one side whilst I attach the other!
I should have paid attention when it said it was a 2-man-assembly!
I thought 1 woman would be as good as 2 men!!! :rolleyes:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I can't even finish this sideboard thingy as I need someone to hold one side whilst I attach the other!
I should have paid attention when it said it was a 2-man-assembly!
I thought 1 woman would be as good as 2 men!!! :rolleyes:

Generally, yes. What they should have said was that it was a "4 hand assembly ". Just so you'd know where you stood!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I wish I'd listened Lady A! now I've managed to chip a bit off - the front of course!

I've been having a closer look at the electric fires and have to say some of the Optimyst ones do look good on the screen. I think they must vary so I'd always want to see any I liked before I bought though.
I saw one next to a Valor Dimension, which is a hologram and dismissed the latter saying to the shop person that it was gas becasue that's what it looked like. The Optimyst, as I said before, was a bit dark and cold looking but some on the website do look good. I know you do have to fill them up with water though.
I'll try to find the link to the forum that discussed these fires which I found accidentally.

Here it is. Interesting and worth reading.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4814289

I hope it gives you some ideas anyway Lyn.x

Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sorry that I haven't been on the forum for a while. I've had one of my deep, deep depressive episodes-difficult to function I'm afraid. I've read a few posts over the last couple of weeks and feel guilty as I could have contributed. Self kick up the backside needed. ;)

It's more than likely that I feel down as the weather has been grey and wet, and the anniversary of Pete's passing is closing in. Nearly a whole year has gone by:confused: How did that happen to come round so quick? I've been ruminating about Pete's illness too much. Of course, because of the mood I'm in I've managed to convince myself that it was all my fault that Pete 'got' AD. At the very least I feel as though Pete's heart was broken when he was placed in care. I miss him more now than I ever did. Is that a normal feeling?

On top of my tales of woe my little Cindy dog didn't eat her dinner last night and started vomiting at 1.30am, I've been on the sofa with her since that time. She was vomiting through the night but was still drinking water. I have a vet's appointment for her at 11.45. I hope she's ok. She looks as sad as I feel.

Just going to pull my finger out and see if I can be of any use here.

Love to you all

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You`ve had a lot of changes since Pete`s passing Lyn, especially moving house which is massive. It sounds as if you have kept yourself so busy and now you might have time on your hands have too much time to reflect.

I don`t need to tell you blaming yourself won`t help .

Whatever you are feeling is natural . Go with it Lyn, allow yourself these feelings. They won`t last for ever.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Lyn it seems the blues are catching up with everyone, but they are dragging you down. I can't say I know how you feel but my turn will come, but I can say Pete's illness was in no way your fault and no one could have done more. Knock that particular guilt monster very hard where it hurts.
I hope Cindy dog will be OK, it brings you down to see them in pain. Thinking of you and hoping you can feel the support coming from this forum.
Good luck with cindy

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Sylvia and bemused.

I should be decorating now the builders have gone but Cindy needs my attention. At least her nose is wet again (it went very dry during the night). I've put her coat on her as the receptionist told me to keep her warm. She's snuggling. She was sick at 7.30 am and I thought she was getting over whatever was wrong, but she was a little bit sick again at 9.30.

Worried-but then I always act like a drama queen when my babies are off colour.

Love

Lyn T

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Lyn , grieving takes as long as it takes and with this time of the year it's no wonder you are surrounded by dark clouds . Plz don't be hard on yourself as you couldn't have done more for Pete . Your love shone through every word you said on here and still does ! Hope poor little Cindy dog will be ok after vets. Hugging you tightly xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
So sorry to hear how you've been feeling Lyn but it's good to have you back.:)

Although it's no surprise that these feeling that threaten to overwhelm you can come at any time, the sad anniversary and the grey wet weather certainly won't have helped.

Hope you feel a little better each day and that Cindy is getting over whatever caused the vomiting.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thank you Sylvia and bemused.

I should be decorating now the builders have gone but Cindy needs my attention. At least her nose is wet again (it went very dry during the night). I've put her coat on her as the receptionist told me to keep her warm. She's snuggling. She was sick at 7.30 am and I thought she was getting over whatever was wrong, but she was a little bit sick again at 9.30.

Worried-but then I always act like a drama queen when my babies are off colour.

Love

Lyn T

Me too.
There are those who say that I worry more when jess is ill than I do when they are, but I couldn't possibly comment on that.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you Heike, 2jays, stanley and Kassy

I still think I made the right decision in moving; I've made some good friends and I really do think that I would have felt even worse in my last home.

Tomorrow I'm going to get on with the decorating-I've bought all the wallpaper-so it's just up to me to get going.

When I was in the bathroom I heard my little dog bark her 'I want to go outside' bark. I rushed downstairs -too late. :eek: Yep! You've guessed it-Cindy now has diarrhea. Very glad that as part of the building work I had all the downstairs carpets replaced with hard floors. :eek:

Just half an hour before vets appointment

Love

Lyn T XX

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hug appreciated Kassy:)

Back from vets. Two injections for Cindy-£55.00. I have to go back tomorrow if she's still vomiting. She's asleep now. No food until tomorrow morning-just poached chicken or white fish with rice.

Big Billy LOVES going to a vet:confused::D While Cindy was being examined he went through his full 'I need attention' thing. Walking on his hind legs, high fives, paw shaking and rolling over and over on the floor. Truly showed himself up!

Gave me a laugh though AND I feel happier that Cindy should stop vomiting in a few hours:):)

Phew! Dogs! Love 'em BUT they can be a worry

Love

Lyn T XX

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
The very best with your future. Always remember as I have just found: You will always have the love and warmth from all the lovely people here at Talking Point with you.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh Lyn, I've only just come on to TP since early this morning so I missed your post.
I'm so sorry about Cindy. It breaks your heart doesn't it when they are ill.
I do hope she is better soon. Perhaps she picked up something on her walk. At least if both ends are affected it doesn't sound like the blockage Saffie had some time ago.
I presume one injection was an anti-emetic so hopefully things should calm down a bit now.

I'm sorry you've been so very depressed. I've missed you but assumed you were busy doing the decorating or I'd have PMd you. It is a bad time of year and with memories of a year ago for you, it's bound to have an effect on your mood. I hope it lift a little.
Are you going to your daughter's for Christmas or are you staying there in your lovely new house which will be just as you want it by then?

Take care of yourself and little Cindy too. I love the fact that Billy wanted his own share of the vet's time. Saffie can't get out quickly enough! xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry I missed your post too Lyn.

I hope Cindy is beginning to pick up a bit. I must admit your description of Billy did make me smile!

As everyone else has said already I'm sure everything will take time. I'm glad you were able to come back on TP and share with us.

Take care. x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Lyn, I've only just come on to TP since early this morning so I missed your post.
I'm so sorry about Cindy. It breaks your heart doesn't it when they are ill.
I do hope she is better soon. Perhaps she picked up something on her walk. At least if both ends are affected it doesn't sound like the blockage Saffie had some time ago.
I presume one injection was an anti-emetic so hopefully things should calm down a bit now.

I'm sorry you've been so very depressed. I've missed you but assumed you were busy doing the decorating or I'd have PMd you. It is a bad time of year and with memories of a year ago for you, it's bound to have an effect on your mood. I hope it lift a little.
Are you going to your daughter's for Christmas or are you staying there in your lovely new house which will be just as you want it by then?

Take care of yourself and little Cindy too. I love the fact that Billy wanted his own share of the vet's time. Saffie can't get out quickly enough! xxx

Thank you Saffie

I was a bit worried about Cindy having picked something up on her walk yesterday but I couldn't find anything despite looking as I cleared up:D Repeatedly:):)

No more sickness since coming back from the vets and only one more bout of the runs-in the garden this time:) I took the pair of them for a walk this afternoon and her tail was up-a sure sign that she was happier. She's absolutely tired out now and has her head on my lap:) No food today-poached chicken and rice for the next few days in small portions!

Don;t know about Xmas yet-I'm leaning towards a day on my own. Dau/SIL and Grandson coming down for NY. Been invited back to where I used to live for Xmas and two different sets of friends down here. But I just want to take the dogs off somewhere for the day-Dartmoor perhaps.

As for my house being lovely:D:D I expected to take another two days to finish decorating the hallway but I had to look after Cindy today! The bathroom and lounge have been painted/papered by me though-and it actually looks ok;)

Love as always

Lyn T XXXX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Aw, Lyn - hope Cindy will be ok soon. Just awful when they are ill, and seems to come right at the wrong time too. Sorry you are feeling so down - and I'm sure the weather does have an affect on us. Hard to feel any way positive when everything around us is so dark and grey. And with Pete's anniversary looming too - no wonder you are down. You did all you could and more for Pete, and got him the best care you could. You know that, really. We all did our best, knowing full well what the outcome was going to be. Our very best couldn't change the outcome - but our best is all we had. And I think that getting them the best care we could, doing our best for them, fighting their corner, does, after all, make a difference.

As for decorating?! I bought wallpaper to cover my hideous wardrobe doors last May. I finally put it on last week! :D - Well, the doors weren't going anywhere, were they? The walls are still not painted in my bedroom. And I'm still hoping to have the room finished by Christmas! Motivation is very hard to come by sometimes, isn't it?!

Take care of Cindy and yourself. xx